Photo
- - - - -

Number Of Clones Limit - Clone Hero's And Content Boxes Disappearing

Best Answer catrina , 05 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Yes, sorry about that. (Wasn't aware of this limit either until you pointed it out)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MissT

MissT

• Members

• 229 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Within pagelines framework Template setup I have amended template2 where I have cloned a content box 8 times and a hero section 9 times ssucessfully and all works fine.

As soon as I add clone 9 content box and clone 10 hero section all section clones disappear from the template content drag and drop area completely. In fact all selected active sections disappear from the active sections area - including a box section that was also selected.

Is there a limit on the number of clones???   Suggest system stops you if 10 is the limit rather than letting you do it.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

There is a limit to sections that can be cloned. I would advise that you stick to 9 if cloning 10 sections causes problems.

#3 MissT

MissT

• Members

• 229 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Ah - right - if I'd know I wouldn't have used hero's as I do need 10 of them.  Would be good if it stopped you adding more than it can cope with.

thanks catrina

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:46 PM   Best Answer

Yes, sorry about that. (Wasn't aware of this limit either until you pointed it out)

#5 MissT

MissT

• Members

• 229 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

An unknown feature! :) It seems to get 8 hero clones and 8 content box clones ok.  I could add 9 hero's but then when I added content to hero in the page it wasn't showing up when you viewed the site. If I added 9 they all disappear from the active sections area completely.

The good news is that the content I'd added on all the pages using template 2 is all still there if you re-create the clones.

Thanks again.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

No problem.