Photo
- - - - -

Post-Loop Not Displaying On Homepage (Template 1)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kristen

kristen

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Framework Version:Pagelines Platform

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hi all, 

I've created a static homepage but I can't seem to get the blog feed to display. Using Template 1, I have used the drag and drop feature to add 'Content' to the Page Template and I have also selected 'Content Area' and added Post Loop there (as per the instructions in this topic 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

). 

So, the content area and the post loop section are both active, but nothing is showing up in the content area on the homepage. 

I've also checked the Meta settings for this page and the 'hide postloop' option is unticked, so it should be displaying. 

Can you help? 

Thanks, 
Kristen

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Kristen on a static page, the page will display the content in the box on the post edit screen NOT your bog feed. If you want the front page to be a blog page ( a feed of posts ) then you do not want static page selected.

#3 kristen

kristen

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hi Simon,

I want the homepage to show the blog feed, but I don't want my blog pages to be designed in the same way, that's why I tried to create a static page.

I want the homepage to have a three column design with the blog feed in the middle but when you click on a blog post I want that page to have a 2 column design with a different sidebar. 

Is it not possible to show your latest posts in the content area of a static page? 

Thanks, 

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

It's not possible to add post content to a regular page unless you did some kind of customization in the PHP. It would be easiest to use a center column/two-sidebar layout for the blog so that you can use the two sidebars as the columns for the other content.

#5 kristen

kristen

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Thanks Catrina. Could you please tell me if there is a way to have different sidebars on a single post page to the sidebars on the homepage? When a user clicks on a post title I want them to go through to a page with less sidebar content, as would be the case on say a standard Wordpress theme template. At the moment the design of the blog feed page and a single post page seem to be linked. 

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

You could put some recent posts on your page, to give the affect of a blog/latest updates etc. You'd need to use something like special recent posts -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You have three sidebars you can set up in the drag and drop, primary, secondary and territory. You can see each one up with different widgets and put all three into sidebar 1 in the drag and drop. To make them appear on the different layouts you'll have to 'hide' the unrequired sidebars in the Page Meta settings for each different template.