Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apache/php Error When Navigating To Theme's Index.php

Question

Posted · Report post

I saw this message in my WP Engine Apache/PHP error logs:

[Mon Dec 03 18:30:54 2012] [error] [client 173.2...1..1..] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function setup_pagelines_template() in /.../wp-content/themes/pagelines/index.php on line 50

This was with PageLines v2.3.5. I upgraded to v2.3.7 and typed in that URL myself and got the same 500 error (not a pretty one).

In case it helps/matters, I am using a child theme.

Thank you.

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Id guess your child theme isnt setup right.

Bit difficult to tell with such limited info

Posted · Report post

I re-downloaded the base child theme and went to that URL and it resulted in a displayed error (not a blank white page), which said "Fatal error: Call to undefined function setup_pagelines_template() in /.../wp-content/themes/pagelines/index.php on line 50"

Even if I don't have an active child theme -- just PageLines as the active theme -- the same error is displayed on-screen when navigating to that URL. Does this not happen on any of your pagelines sites? -- e.g. http://www.pagelines.com/wp-content/themes/pagelines/index.php (blank white page)

Posted · Report post

Why are you trying to load a theme index.php directly?

And why does your path have three dots?  /.../wp-content/themes/pagelines/index.php

Posted · Report post

I just changed all my path stuff to an ellipse (i.e. "dot dot dot"). Sorry for the confusion.

I just noticed that my Sucuri scan tried to load that, but I'm not sure why. I didn't think it was a big issue (because no one should be trying to load the theme's index.php) but I wanted to double-check, since throwing errors isn't good no matter where it is or how someone gets there, if it's navigable (i.e. not 403 forbidden).

Your thoughts?

Posted · Report post

Well if your that paranoid, put a rule in htaccess blocking direct access to it.

Posted · Report post

no worries here if you're not concerned. thanks for checking on this.