Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Create Image Link On Boxes

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, I am wanting to add in some html to create a link to other pages on each of the 3 boxes.

See http://koruhealing.co.nz/?page_id=21

I have done away with any heading or text or inserting an image using the boxes editor. Instaed I have used CSS to insert a background image for all 3 boxes. Now I want a view to be able to hover over any box and click through to a set linked page . Would I do this with HTML in the dashboard boxes editor?

If anyone can think of a better way I am open to ideas

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Personally, I use WP-Boxer plugin to create content blocks (same as boxes, but with more options). That allows you to insert an image (like a thumbnail), size it as you please (in the settings) and add a link (without code).  I'm using it for a grid of linked images for navigation. Works a charm!

Posted · Report post

Hey thanks for that, I'll giev it a shot

Posted · Report post

Can I use the WP boxer plugin to create boxes that are in their own section? This looks like I can only put boxes inside a content section?

Posted · Report post

As far as I'm aware you can put into a widget in the footer, sidebar via a shortcode etc, or in the main content area. They don't come as a section though like the pl boxes.