9 replies to this topic

#1 entrysoftware

entrysoftware

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

I would like to have custom content in sidebars for some pages.  I am guessing that the Content Sidebar widget may be the way to go.  However, there doesn't seem to be any way to actually get it onto the page.  Any help on this would be appreciated.

Inside of the Content Sidebar widget it says something cryptic: "Set it up in the widgets panel."  Very odd

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

In Appearance > Widgets you need to add widgets to the Content Sidebar in order to add content to it. Have you tried doing that already?

#3 entrysoftware

entrysoftware

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I have, the challenge is, where do I add it to the page?  I've added widgets to the content sidebar container but there's not place either on the page or within the setup to activate this section.

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

You add the widget wherever you want it to appear in Drag&Drop.

#5 thomstark

thomstark

• Members

• 147 posts
  • Framework Version:Pagelines 2.37

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

I'm really having the very same problem. I add the widget to the content sidebar in the Appearance/Widget area. Then I go to the Pagelines/Drag & Drop and there is no content sidebar or widget anywhere to be found in the drag and drop. Same for individual pages. I cannot figure out how to use this content sidebar. I'm clearly missing something obvious, but I'm certainly missing it.

#6 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2197 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Hi

You can see this

The Content Sidebar Section is a widgetized sidebar that allows you to add widgets inside your "Content area"

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please try open you own topic.

;)

• thomstark likes this

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

There is also the universal sidebar which can be added pretty much anywhere.

#8 thomstark

thomstark

• Members

• 147 posts
  • Framework Version:Pagelines 2.37

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Sorry, Batman. I thought since I had the same problem, I shouldn't duplicate. I've opened my own. (As for universal sidebar, that's true. I'm already using that elsewhere though.)

#9 lindalorda

lindalorda

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

I have the same problem and have tried everything above. I am extremely frustrated by this. I need to add the content sidebar into a page. It has a widget in it. But there is NO WHERE that I can see to add the content sidebar in drag and drop. I see the other sidebars, but not the content sidebar. ???

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Hi,

The Content Box is something you have to first add via the Store.  Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections > Get New Sections > Top Free and click Install under Content Box. Once installed, you may then add it to the sidebars in Drag & Drop.

However, you may also apply a text widget (as many times as you wish) to any sidebar via Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets.  Anything can go into text widgets and using Widget Logic (a free plugin found at WordPress.org), you can set where these widgets (or any others) will appear on your site.

Personally, I don't recommend using the Content Box on a global basis as it has the ability to be set in individual pages using the PageLines Meta Settings.  Using it globally would prevent you, potentially, from using it elsewhere if you want to place it on other pages or posts.