• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jannon

jannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I'm currently having a couple of problems with Quickslider, one I've already received some help from you and I need to do a bit more testing to figure out what might be causing the problem for the topic I entered titled "Quickslider not picking up assigned slides"

But I'm also having a problem figuring out how to turn off the Quickslider on a particular page. I'm using WP views to create a query/view of members and the Quicksliders are showing up there and I'd like to turn them off for these directory pages but I don't know what Pagelines thinks they are. I adjusted both the category and archive pages but neither of those special pages made any difference. Can you tell me which special page I need to edit to take to these off of the directory pages? 

Here's the link to one of the directory pages: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Okay. I think you have added the Quickslider (and cloned it twice) in the Sidebar Wrap.

Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop and click on Sidebar Wrap.   Scroll down to Active Sections and see if Quickslider is there.  It may be 3 times.  Remove it (them) to the Available Sections area by dragging and dropping. The settings will save automatically.

#3 jannon

jannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Thanks for responding and yes I do have Quickslider in the wrap and it was cloned three times. I need those for the other pages (category and individual blog pages). They are correct and have the correct slides on them. I just need to be able to change or delete these particular Quicksliders from the member directory pages without affecting the other pages on the site.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

That's going to be very difficult, since a section added to the sidebars is global and there's no hide control that I know of which controls a particular area of your site.

Perhaps what you need is a slider that goes into the sidebar with shortcodes.  Keep in mind, there's no 'set' controls for Quickslider that exist for Feature Slider.  That means you can't even control which slides appear in any one of the Quicksliders you have. They will likely all be the same.

A shortcode placed slider (from a plugin or from our

) could be placed in a text widget.  Using a plugin called

, you can determine where those widgets are hidden.

#5 jannon

jannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Actually I can hide these quicksliders by going to the page options, selecting "page setup" and then checking the hide boxes for the quicksliders. I can do this for all special pages and I can do it for individual pages and blog posts. what I can't figure out is how to do this with WP Views page. I've changed all of the Quickslider slides in each one and yet this view still shows the original slides in all three boxes. 

How do I change the Quicksliders on this query page? 

What kind of page does Pagelines consider this to be?

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Hi there, as far as I'm aware the Wp Views plugin creates the new templates but doesn't create anything meta wise for you to control the content on them.

The link you've sent is currently going to a 404 so i can't check the code for the template. If you look on the wp admin bar at the top of the site when you're logged in and viewing that page, they'll be a tab in the admin bar showing you which template the page is on.