Photo

Pagelines Lite Open Graph Protocal Problems

Best Answer bradykelley , 04 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Ok found out the problem.  It was a plugin conflict from one of the other facebook plugins I was using.  The plugin name is "Digg Digg Alternative".  It was doing all sorts of strange thins to the open graph data as well as conflicting with other facebook services on the page.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bradykelley

bradykelley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Framework Version:Lite

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

I have used both pagelines pro and pagelines lite for a little while now.  One thing I just discovered is that pagelines lite does not place the Open Graph Protocol tags in the head tags, it places it in the body which completely messes up everything when you try to share posts or pages on facebook.  I checked out my links in the facebook debugger to confirm that this is the case.

Also, if i try to use a WordPress Open Graph plugin to fix the issue it seems to just conflict with pagelines regardless of checking or unchecking the "display Facebook open graph tags in the header".

Any thoughts or suggestions?

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Can you show us where this is happening?

#3 bradykelley

bradykelley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

The site I am working on with this problem is: http://masseffectsol....com/m6blogsite

The interesting thing is the home page seems to handle the open graph tags just fine but the individual posts pages do not.

For example: http://masseffectsol...love-your-life/

I input that into the facebook debugger and get errors on the tags.  I am actually really confused at why it is not showing correctly the source code looks fine on the page but the facebook scraper returns something very different.  I need to be able to have the featured image show up as the thumbnail when sharing the link on facebook.

#4 bradykelley

bradykelley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:56 PM   Best Answer

Ok found out the problem.  It was a plugin conflict from one of the other facebook plugins I was using.  The plugin name is "Digg Digg Alternative".  It was doing all sorts of strange thins to the open graph data as well as conflicting with other facebook services on the page.