Photo
- - - - -

What Is The Best Lead Capture Popup/slider/list Building Solution?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 dainiswmichel

dainiswmichel

• Members

• 189 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

hi, 

right now i am looking at: 

Max Blog Press' subscribers magnet http://maxblogpress....scribersmagnet/

Immediate List Building Pro: http://www.immediate...uildingpro.com/

what are your suggestions?

#2 dainiswmichel

dainiswmichel

• Members

• 189 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

just found: http://hybrid-connect.com/

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

I've never used any of the services you linked above. I started using MailChimp, which I really like (it is a paid solution).

#4 dainiswmichel

dainiswmichel

• Members

• 189 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

i think i could have titled my post better - i have iContact Agency Edition for the "back end" of my list building and i use a plugin called GWA Autoresponder within wordpress that seems to work quite well. 

i am considering retiring my use of iContact though, because the plugins do seem to work -- still iContact delivers the emails instantly, which is useful, and the plugins generally need to be set for x# of emails per y# of minutes. i am pretty much considering iContact, MailChimp, ConstantContact, aWeber, etc. to be equivalent solutions in that they send the emails for you. 

i am currently concentrating on finding a: popup, slider, footer slide-up, sidebar input form box (that follows you while scrolling), etc. solution. 

"lead capture solution" may be a better way to say it...

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

I'm not sure about this, as it's not a PageLines topic. 

There are so many variables one must consider in this selection and really, you'd be the one who knows precisely what you're looking for.  I don't know how we could make a recommendation.  Officially, we recommend cForms, but we also support Gravity Forms. Any good form should be able to integrate, I suppose, with a good lead generation system.  However, this is really something you need to research using the criteria you have for your site and list management.

#6 dainiswmichel

dainiswmichel

• Members

• 189 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

thnx Rob, yes, i posted in "off topic" to make sure we have the discussion in the right place.

i am actually experiencing a conflict with cForms right now (WP, Pagelines, Buddypress, WLM). 

i'd very much like to have footer ads, a header bar, sidebar widgets, slide-in forms, and popups -- all generating leads. right now it looks like the maxblogpress solution has all of those features but is not mobile compatible. the hybrid connect plugin is a "new kid on the block," doesn't seem to have a header or footer slide-up option, but the opt-in boxes are mobile compatible. 

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Have you tried it with "Disable Mobile View" checked?  Surprisingly, most folks don't realize that doesn't actually prevent your site from being seen responsively in mobile browsers (the language is a bit deceiving).  All it does is disable a particular CSS setup.  I had to disable it because of my ads and yet my site is perfectly responsive (more so because the ads now resize).  That might help.

#8 dainiswmichel

dainiswmichel

• Members

• 189 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

is "Disable Mobile View" in cForms? i'll check...

#9 dainiswmichel

dainiswmichel

• Members

• 189 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

ps: i purchased the hybrid-connect plugin and will be configuring it over the next few hours. 

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Disable Mobile View is in PageLines > Site Options > Layout Editor.

#11 dainiswmichel

dainiswmichel

• Members

• 189 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

disabling mobile view is a potential solutions for cForms not working? am i understanding you correctly? as we upgrade PL, will the issue just "go away" and will "enabling" mobile view wind up being the necessary setting for mobile viewing - or will mobile viewing just become integrated into PL anyway?

so not a lot of participation in the "best list building popup/slider solution" topic? i've spent too many years as a listbuilding purist -- and have watched "competitors" create lists much much much larger than mine. i'm turning the corner on the concept of totally open content and am starting to think that it is viable to put into practice: "here is an introduction, if you want to get to know ThisContent(Me) better, please let me know who you are." (meaning please give me your email address)

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Honestly, the question of a best list-building product or plugin is a bit beyond our normal scope.  There are so many variables that it's honestly best for you to research this and make your own tests and implementations.  I was amused by the topic heading, wondering... 'does it need to do the dishes too?' but realized, you're really after a comprehensive solution.   I can't say there is one, simply because I don't deal with this issue and doubt any of my colleagues or many of your fellow forum members do either.

#13 dainiswmichel

dainiswmichel

• Members

• 189 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

the aspect that i am focusing on is the visual stuff that can happen: popups, sliders, sidebars, fade-in squeeze pages, etc. to present a lead acquisition offer to a site visitor.

yes -- you need to handle the backend of your email list, but there are a lot of solutions for that. most of the "Lead Capture Popup/slider/list Building Solutions" integrate with the emailing solutions (iContact, aweber, mailchimp, constant contact etc. etc. etc.).

i'd rather not have a "comprehensive" discussion -- but a "front end" discussion -- let's leave the dishes in the sink :-)

for example: even a solution as robust as iContact has really really sad/sorry/ugly forms. it's pretty surprising actually. how can anyone even "breathe" without effective listbuilding?

how are you guys building lists? just a sidebar widget and that's it? 

#14 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

I'm sorry Dainis,  but I don't deal with these products.  So if I'm confused, that's the reason.  I've never heard of lead capture from visual things, except the making of graphics that are appealing, enticing and bring people to use voluntary opt-in forms.  I suspect that's not what you're doing. 

Since the moderators don't manage this company, we don't know what, if anything, is used for lead capture.  For management of members, sales etc., I can suggest aMember,  http://www.amember.com/p/

The highest ranked lead capture product that works with WordPress is vTigerCRM.  I've no idea how (or if) it would work with visual components of a site.  The free version is here: http://wordpress.org...ugins/wp-tiger/

That free plugin hasn't been updated to 3.4.2, and we're soon jumping to 3.5, so I'd advocate testing it, then going to the pro version that they'd have to update.

If forms look bad on WordPress, you may always use CSS to improve their appearance.   Some forms look terrible, but the engine behind them is terrific, while others may look great, but have horrible form software on the back-end.

Personally, I don't recommend, though I've seen, use of forms in sliders.  If the slide transitions, the person's input vanishes. If it doesn't transition, then you don't need a slider. Placing a capture form next to a slider on the other hand... well, that's good.  Worse still, in the slide, these forms can't easily be styled with CSS. On the sidebar next to it, they can be.

A colleague in my own business uses SugarCRM, and there are a number of WordPress integration plugins, some of them relatively up-to-date.  I cannot say anything about the forms as we don't use the tool for web-based data capture.

I don't know how else to answer this question except to say that you can style or change the appearance of almost anything on your site.  If you need a developer to help with that, you know we offer Pros.

#15 jeomiland

jeomiland

Advanced Member

• Members

• 78 posts
  • Framework Version:2 and DMS

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

Hi

I have a ConstantContact form ready to go in a PlatformPro Box on a home page. When I stick in the form code from the ConstantContact form generator tool, it includes a <SCRIPT call that apparently conflicts with the Features code. What I see is Form displaying nicely, then it disappears as soon as an image trasition happens to the second image in the feature slider set AND the feature slider rotation of images stops - just hangs on the last one.

So I replaced the CC code with some HTML shortcode for a CForms form instaed.

Is there no way to have a Feature and a Box with javascript in it on the same page???

Check out http://lifeoncue.com/ but remember I have the Cform short code in now instead of this ConstCon code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.formstack...ug6ZlO-v3"></script><noscript><a href="http://www.formstack...0946-TeDeug6ZlO" title="Online Form">Online Form - Constant Contact List Signup</a></noscript><div style="text-align:right; font-size:x-small;"><a href="http://www.formstack...fa&fa=h,1350946" title="HTML Form Generator">HTML Form Generator</a></div>

thanks

JEO

#16 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2920 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hi Jeo. Please start a new topic with your question. Thanks!

#17 jeomiland

jeomiland

Advanced Member

• Members

• 78 posts
  • Framework Version:2 and DMS

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Hi Jeo. Please start a new topic with your question. Thanks!

OK, new topic post created.