Change Footer Background Color

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

Pagelines Framework v. 2.3.5: I would like to change the color of the footer. I have both Pagelines pro and Framework and it looks like they handle this differently. My question is regarding Frameworks. The current color is WHITE. I would like to make it BLACK with WHITE text.

Im new to this theme. Please be specific in your steps. I appreciate any help.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Hi there,The color of the footer text can be set within the system in Pagelines>Site Options>Color Control.

In the Pagelines Framework you'd have to use css to change the bg color of your footer. If you've not used css before I'd advise you check out this link

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which will give you an overview. We'd advise you get firebug, www.getfirebug.com which is a web developer tool to find the various Id's and Classes required to make the css amendments. Another great resource for learning css is

An example of change the color of the footer using css is below. The instruction background changes the background color to black, and color changes the text.

#3 thomstark

thomstark

• Members

• 147 posts
  • Framework Version:Pagelines 2.37

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Hi, I was trying to do this too and it worked at first, but something happened and it stopped working. Here's the website:

and here's the code I entered:

#footer {background: #294176;
color: #ffffff;}

I entered it in the custom CSS field, and like I said it worked at first but then stopped for some reason. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Thom,

Please, in future, open your own topics and reference others that are related.  It helps both us and you.

Evidently, something is using the same CSS elements (a plugin, perhaps) or, you've implemented a base or other child theme which doesn't have the same CSS present.  I've tried applying #294176 via Firebug, but it won't take, so it's definitely being overridden somewhere.

• thomstark likes this

#5 thomstark

thomstark

• Members

• 147 posts
  • Framework Version:Pagelines 2.37

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Sorry about commenting here; didn't realize. I'll try disabling everything one by one and see if it works again. Thanks!

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

@Thomstark

Like Rob suggested, please create your own in future, it just helps our search index. If you create your own issue, we will be happy to assist you.