Photo
- - - - -

Background Image Supersize Doesn't Work

Best Answer James B , 03 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Hi there, the supersize option only works by resizing the height of the image to fill the window so you'll need to change the dimensions of the original image to make it more in perspective.  You could zoom in and crop to the top half of the image so it's a landscape, rectangular shape, this way when it re-sizes it the sides of the image will reach the edge of the browser window.

The tile bg option is only available with a static bg, it doesn't work with the supersize option. If you wish to use this, turn off supersize prior to settings the tile options in the bg settings in the color control tab.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kingre

kingre

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.36

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

I can't get the supersize option to work (or the tile settings for that matter) for this page: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The site isn't live yet, but I need to figure this out. I need to have that image stretched across entire page. I realize my text colors and spacing aren't right yet, but I gotta get the image working first. 

Thanks,

Richard

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:16 PM   Best Answer

Hi there, the supersize option only works by resizing the height of the image to fill the window so you'll need to change the dimensions of the original image to make it more in perspective.  You could zoom in and crop to the top half of the image so it's a landscape, rectangular shape, this way when it re-sizes it the sides of the image will reach the edge of the browser window.

The tile bg option is only available with a static bg, it doesn't work with the supersize option. If you wish to use this, turn off supersize prior to settings the tile options in the bg settings in the color control tab.

• yemoonyah likes this

#3 kingre

kingre

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.36

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

Thank you very much! That worked fine.

-Richard

#4 yemoonyah

yemoonyah

• Members

• 143 posts
  • Framework Version:always the latest

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

thanks!!! This solved an issue I was working on for about 3 hours :)

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

On James' behalf, you're welcome.