Photo

Carousel Size

carousel

Best Answer Danny , 04 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

OK, but you have posted in the Platform Pro forums ?

Anyway, the same thing applies:

Go to Wordpress admin dashboard > Pages and select the page which you have the Carousel enabled on, then scroll down to the PageLines Meta Settings and then click on the Carousel options tab, scroll down until you see the image dimensions options and enter your dimensions there.

Once the above is completed, remove the post featured image(s) from your posts and then add them again, this will generate a new thumbnail using the dimensions you specified.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 digamama

digamama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hi there, I'm writing regarding this site. I'd like to make the carousel thumbnail size longer, so that it fits in the entire cover of the books I'm trying to display instead of the square size I've cropped them to. 

a.) Can someone walk me through how to do that? 

and, 

b.) Do you happen to know off hand what some good dimensions would be for displaying a book cover size, if I'm able to reconfigure them?

Many thanks! 

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hi,

The Carousel images are controlled by your thumbnail size.

Goto your sites Wordpress admin dashboard > Settings > Media and change the size of the thumbnail dimensions there.

I did a quick search for books and then inspected the dimensions of the book covers images, the average size were roughly 200px by 300px.

#3 digamama

digamama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Thanks Danny, 

I just tried that and it didn't work. I also removed the size that I tried to preset in the Carousel formatting area. Any other ideas? 

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

It will work, but I forgot to mention that you will need to remove and the add your feature image again, as its using a thumbnail that was set previously, so the size is most likely 150x150px

#5 digamama

digamama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Thanks again, Danny, but it still didn't work. I... 

1.) removed the featured image and inserted it again

2.) removed and replaced the carousel feature from the template

3.) cleared my cache

Should I do something within the carousel settings as well? 

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

OK, Go to Platform Pro > Carousel Settings > Carousel Image Dimensions (Posts Mode Only) add your image dimensions.

Then remove your posts featured image, then upload them again, this should resolve your issue.

#7 digamama

digamama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'm afraid you're going to want to wring my neck soon! Well...I tried that. But I also realized from your last set of instructions that I'm using PageLines, not Platform Pro. Probably makes a difference in all this, eh? In any event, it's still defaulting to square dimensions. 

Something in the CSS I should try? That's getting a bit advanced for me, though...

Again, thanks immensely. 

#8 digamama

digamama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Wait...I think I'm on to something....will keep you posted. 

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:43 PM   Best Answer

OK, but you have posted in the Platform Pro forums ?

Anyway, the same thing applies:

Go to Wordpress admin dashboard > Pages and select the page which you have the Carousel enabled on, then scroll down to the PageLines Meta Settings and then click on the Carousel options tab, scroll down until you see the image dimensions options and enter your dimensions there.

Once the above is completed, remove the post featured image(s) from your posts and then add them again, this will generate a new thumbnail using the dimensions you specified.

#10 digamama

digamama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Everything you suggested was correct. The problem was I wasn't resizing the images according to how I wanted them to show up before reloading them "featured image". I was relying on the settings to resize them for me. Once I resized them to the maximum width that would allow them to line up across the carousel, it worked. Thanks a ton!