Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quickslider Not Hiding

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi

I must be overlooking something obvious.

Page Option > Blog Page > Page Setup > Posts - Content Area > Check "Hide QuickSlider"

Yet whenever I create a new blog post, the quickslider is turned on by default.

What detail have I missed?

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Eejit -

Thanks for your input - you put me on the right detective track and I've solved the problem.

I've gone to the page (pagelines > D&Drop) and I don't have *any* quickslider in the active sections column for either "blog post" or "blog" in the page template area.

Strangely, I have an option to hide the quickbar via the pagelines > page options > blog page > page setup.  That's the setting that was being ignored.  Wonder if that's a development left-over.

Thanks all for your help!

Posted · Report post

Do you have any caching plugins installed which could be masking the changes? If so dump the cache file in the plugin, then the browser and refresh the page.

If that isn't working then try de-activing all third party plugins to see if there is a conflict somewhere.

Posted · Report post

Hi

I don't think they're able to be deactivated for performance purposes, more in case they conflict with anything else you add to your site etc.

There is a possibility that turning some of the off has caused a conflict, if you switch them back on does it resolve?

The blog template only controls the main blog page, not single posts. Unfortunately there's no meta options for single posts, you'll need to turn it set it to "hide by default" in the drag and drop template for the post layout, then if you want it on, turn on on a per post basis.

Posted · Report post

If the quickslider is appearing in every post then you must have it enabled in the blog post area, AND the blog area.

http://screencast.com/t/uluftgtMFpDe

Posted · Report post

Hi,

This isn't happening for me, would it be possible to install a free application called Jing and record a screencast please.

Posted · Report post

HI James,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sadly even with every single plugin deactivated I'm having the same issue.

Here's a thought...

In the interests of trying to help make the site quicker, I've deactivated a bunch of modules - banners, callout, carousel, hero, highlight, masthead, sharebar, to be specific.

Firstly, is that what's been intended in the ability to deactivate? For performance?

Secondly, is there any chance that deactivating some of those modules will accidentally cause the above problem?

Posted · Report post

I'd need to check that, I'm not 100% sure on that one. How did you deactivate them? Via the store?