Photo

Primary Sidebar

Best Answer Rob , 04 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Try sidebar_primary, but I doubt you're going to get much community support on this since the majority of our clients upgraded.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 daverogers

daverogers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

I am tryin to havwe the primary sidebar in a custom page I have created. How do I call this. I know sidebar2 is <?php do_action('pagelines_sidebar2', 'sidebar2'); // hook ?>

Not sure what the Primaryone is.

many Thanks

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

I've no idea either.  PlatformPro is a legacy product now and thus it's not supported for this kind of customization. 

You need to upgrade to PageLines Framework as the lifetime of Platform is coming to an end, rapidly. 

PageLines Framework has all the options to include/exclude sidebars in page templates built in, making it unnecessary to create custom coded pages.

#3 daverogers

daverogers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for trying to get me to buy into the new framework but I cannot afford it. I can customise mine now just need info its not that hard

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

If you write to hello@pagelines.com, they may be able to offer you a discount as a PlatformPro licensee.

That wasn't a sale pitch.  It was in fact the truth about both products.  I'm sure one of my colleagues will be able to better answer your topic.  Though my sincerest recommendation is again, an upgrade.

#5 daverogers

daverogers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

If you write to hello@pagelines.com, they may be able to offer you a discount as a PlatformPro licensee.

That wasn't a sale pitch.  It was in fact the truth about both products.  I'm sure one of my colleagues will be able to better answer your topic.  Though my sincerest recommendation is again, an upgrade.

Thanks for you r input I didnt mean to come across nasty if I did sorry.

Thanks for the tip. I hope someone knows the answer.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:52 PM   Best Answer

Try sidebar_primary, but I doubt you're going to get much community support on this since the majority of our clients upgraded.