woocommerce

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MoreApplesADay

MoreApplesADay

• Members

• 18 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

WooCommerce has been acting up a bit on my site. I installed it a few weeks ago and everything was running a-okay, but now the checkout and my account pages are breaking/not loading everything. For example, the checkout page will not display the credit card fill-ins or even my site footer.

The WooCommerce system status section of the plugin red flags me for this: /var/lib/php/session does not exist - contact your host to resolve the problem.

I've contacted my host (Media Temple) and they told me to go here and follow these steps: kb.mediatemple.net/questions/514#dv_40

I did, but I end up getting an error (E486: Pattern not found: usr) after step two.

I contacted them (MT) a second time and they said everything was okay.

Is there anyone from the Pagelines community that can help me with this?

Does anyone have any ideas or pointers for possible fixes and or plugins that might be affecting the WooCommerce plugin itself?

It's been acting kind of weird...at one point W3 Total Cache was disrupting a few pages, so I tinkered and fixed that, and then the problems just sort of arose a few days later again, despite trying to re-tinker and disabling the plugin altogether.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Pete

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16342 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hi,

We do not support WooCommerce only JigoShop. That is the reason for the JIgoShop plugin in the PageLines store.

There is a plugin which was created by one of the developer from WooThemes which provides compatibility for PageLines and WooCommerce, but they do not support the plugin either and only created by request of one of their customers.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you're still experiencing errors, I recommend you contact WooCommerce or switch to JigoShop which we support.

#3 MoreApplesADay

MoreApplesADay

• Members

• 18 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

JigoShop didn't function too well and does not offer what I need. Is there any chance of PageLines supporting a WooCommerce plugin in the future?

I've come across the 'github' version, but don't like the idea that it was more or less a one time thing (no updates). Overall, WooCommerce seems to function better with my site, but there are still some minor kinks. I've contacted the Woo team about a few things (extension problems), but am still having minor problems such as an inability to show/move areas on the WooCommerce pages on my site.

Thanks for your assistance Danny!

-Pete

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16342 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

You do realise that WooCommerce is a forked version of JigoShop, meaning its based on JigoShop.

#5 MoreApplesADay

MoreApplesADay

• Members

• 18 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Yes, Danny, I do realize this...and isn't that a good argument for Pagelines to maybe provide some support?

I didn't like the feel of Jigoshop and WooCommerce fits my needs.

#6 edwardv2

edwardv2

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

I agree Pete. I toyed with Jigoshop and had tons of problems just getting the plugin to install (never was succesful and at this point I don't remember the problem). WooCommerce on the other hands installed easily and works great with only one small issue that I'm working on. 

I didn't post anything in these forums regarding my issue since the "official" answer is always the same with regard to Pagelines and WooCommerce. I was hoping perhaps some of us users could support one another in using WooCommerce with Pagelines.

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

I have used the 'github' Woocommerce add-on that Danny mentioned and it works perfectly.

The only time I had issues with Woocommerce was when I installed Jigoshop first, then installed Woocommerce (to see the differences). I had to completely remove anything related to Jigoshop before Woocommerce would work.

To MoreApplesaDay: You should go back to your host. It's gotta be something related to them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: woocommerce