Photo
- - - - -

Help! Dashboard Post Add Missing

Best Answer Rob , 01 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Hi,

If you look at the plugin's page at WordPress.org  http://wordpress.org...access-manager/

You will see that 4 people have said the plugin is broken.  That's a huge, red flag for plugin selection, particularly when only 8 said it works.

The best possible support for this is going to come from the plugin developer as it's affecting WordPress and the database, not PageLines itself.   I don't mean to pass the buck, but I'd prefer you obtained the finest support possible for this issue.  Only that developer can say where his product impacts the database and from the sounds of it, he's got some issues in how his plugin is deactivated (not to mention its functionality).

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 fourdw

fourdw

Advanced Member

• Members

• 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hi

I've just installed Advance Access Manager Plugin. Didn't do much just a quick trial. I uninstalled it and now Posts --> All Posts and Add New are missing from the Dashboard. Anyone tell me how to restore them?

Thanks all,
Andy

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hi Andy. I know we discussed this in chat. I had asked for the "more info" link under debug. Did you get that for us?  Need to make sure ALL plugins are deactivated and you have no server errors.

#3 fourdw

fourdw

Advanced Member

• Members

• 31 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Figured out how to resolve the problem, although not sure what's causing the issue. Worth trying this solution if anyone else has a missing dashboard menu...

1. Backup the database.

2. Use PHPMyAdmin

3. Access the table wp_usermeta

4. Find the meta_key --> wp_capabilities and Edit

5. Change a:1:{s:13:"administrator";s:1:"1";s:11:"super_admin";s:1:"1";} to a:1:{s:13:"administrator";s:1:"1";}

Removing the super_admin resolved my issue.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

did you uninstall it with the plugin uninstall button?

#5 fourdw

fourdw

Advanced Member

• Members

• 31 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

I deactivated the plugin I also copied the database to a new wordpress installation without any plugins and the same problem. I have over 400 members in the database so I think something has gone wrong.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:45 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

If you look at the plugin's page at WordPress.org 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You will see that 4 people have said the plugin is broken.  That's a huge, red flag for plugin selection, particularly when only 8 said it works.

The best possible support for this is going to come from the plugin developer as it's affecting WordPress and the database, not PageLines itself.   I don't mean to pass the buck, but I'd prefer you obtained the finest support possible for this issue.  Only that developer can say where his product impacts the database and from the sounds of it, he's got some issues in how his plugin is deactivated (not to mention its functionality).

#7 fourdw

fourdw

Advanced Member

• Members

• 31 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

I've got it working now, but took some working out. The developer doesn't seem to want to know so the plugin is best avoided.

This wasn't a Pagelines issue so apologies for not sticking to the subject.