Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help! Dashboard Post Add Missing

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi

I've just installed Advance Access Manager Plugin. Didn't do much just a quick trial. I uninstalled it and now Posts --> All Posts and Add New are missing from the Dashboard. Anyone tell me how to restore them?

Thanks all,
Andy

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

If you look at the plugin's page at WordPress.org  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/advanced-access-manager/

You will see that 4 people have said the plugin is broken.  That's a huge, red flag for plugin selection, particularly when only 8 said it works.

The best possible support for this is going to come from the plugin developer as it's affecting WordPress and the database, not PageLines itself.   I don't mean to pass the buck, but I'd prefer you obtained the finest support possible for this issue.  Only that developer can say where his product impacts the database and from the sounds of it, he's got some issues in how his plugin is deactivated (not to mention its functionality).

Posted · Report post

I deactivated the plugin I also copied the database to a new wordpress installation without any plugins and the same problem. I have over 400 members in the database so I think something has gone wrong.

Posted · Report post

I've got it working now, but took some working out. The developer doesn't seem to want to know so the plugin is best avoided.

This wasn't a Pagelines issue so apologies for not sticking to the subject.

Posted · Report post

Hi Andy. I know we discussed this in chat. I had asked for the "more info" link under debug. Did you get that for us?  Need to make sure ALL plugins are deactivated and you have no server errors.

Posted · Report post

Figured out how to resolve the problem, although not sure what's causing the issue. Worth trying this solution if anyone else has a missing dashboard menu...

1. Backup the database.

2. Use PHPMyAdmin

3. Access the table wp_usermeta

4. Find the meta_key --> wp_capabilities and Edit

5. Change a:1:{s:13:"administrator";s:1:"1";s:11:"super_admin";s:1:"1";} to a:1:{s:13:"administrator";s:1:"1";}

Removing the super_admin resolved my issue.

Posted · Report post

did you uninstall it with the plugin uninstall button?