Photo
- - - - -

Home Page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 yannick

yannick

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Hello,

I have a home page with my last posts.

Instead of a featured image, I'd like to have a a slideshow, maybe we can use the widget "Features" ?

The thing is, I'd like to have a "features section" for each post, on the same page.

Thank you !

Yannick

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean by having a features section for each post on the same page. Do you mean you'd like a different feature slider for each post?

#3 yannick

yannick

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hello Catrina,

Thank you for your answer. Sorry for misunderstanding me :

Yes, instead of  a featured image, I'd like a feature slider for each post :

HOMEPAGE :

Featured slider post 1

Excerpt post 1

Featured slider post 2

Excerpt post 2

Featured slider post 3

Excerpt post 3

etc.

Do you think it is possible ?

Yannick

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Hi there, the features section can be cloned and enabled to display posts in the meta sections. However, if you assign the posts to the slider it will scroll through the posts within the category one by one. So unless you set each post as a separate category and then manually assign to each slider on the page I can't see another way of this working.

I supposed you could do it on a relay, so for instance make four sliders and four categories. Create four posts and assign one to each category, when you get to your fifth post assign that to the first category and repeat the process all the way up to post number eight. This will be time consuming though.

Otherwise look for a third party slider which could accommodate this feature for you, I'm not sure but Special Recent Posts Pro might have a slider feature.