Photo
- - - - -

Set Up Layout And Background Color Of Pagelines Framework

Best Answer Rob , 01 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Stefano,

I've told you in the past to be nice here and not use demanding or bad language.  I've helped you plenty and done so to make sure you're happy.  Please be nice to my colleagues and understand that this is not instant resolutions of problems.

You should not be inflaming everyone's emotions.  In fact, with this forum, they can moderate your behavior and literally, throw you out.  So, if you want help, be polite and respectful and you'll get help as you always have.... More, I dare say, than others.

It does not help you to get help if you're upsetting my colleagues.

Batman, for the record, is not a moderator. He's just a client like you and tried to help you.  In fact, you owe him a huge apology for your bad behavior.

For future reference, we are no longer allowed to provide code to our clients because too many have, like you, demanded code but not bothered to use the tools and resources to figure it out.  There will be no more code provided to anyone unless it's in the context of fixing something they've at least tried.  We don't offer coding services here.  For that, we provide our Pros.

And kindly never address our team or fellow clients as you did Nick.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 stefanoferruggiara

stefanoferruggiara

Advocate

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationVerbania (VB) - Italy

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hello to everybody!

I have another important question. It's since I use this wonderful and powerfull template that I didn't fully understand how to set the layout and set the theme so I can control the background color of the header, of the main body across the width, and the footer  (also more section if it's possible).

Let me explain better: I would like that the background of the header and of the classic menu is black, the body/page and across the width (either according to the page or post) gray or black, and the footer (and section more if it's possible) still black.
Could you please clear explain how to set the theme and possibly give me the css code, I'm willing to pay this work.
Many thanks for immediate help.

Stefano

My site is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

My email for pm is: info@stefanoferruggiara.com

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hi Stefano :-) 

Yes that could be possible with css, if you're looking for someone to provide the direct css code for the site we'd have to advise you contact the pro's at hello@pagelines.com, but we'll leave this post open in case another user can provide this for you.

Our official response will have to be that we advise you use firebug to locate the various ID/classes to affect the css (www.getfirebug.com). If you're looking to make the color backgrounds span the entire page make sure you've set 'full width sections' in the template layout.

An example of the above to set the color will be

• stefanoferruggiara and nondualit like this

#3 stefanoferruggiara

stefanoferruggiara

Advocate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Thanks .. thanks.. many many thanks James and if you are an advocate you know well that when a client come to you .. (in a place where he know that that give him o found him solution).. would like to receive a solution not a suggest for understand how i can find the solution by my self or.. which is the forum utility.. know what everybody us know???!  My job is to teach you how to communicate effectively ... when someone ask about solution.. a probability is that he's lazy or dnot know how to look for them, but in the case of a person, like me, who for more than 2 years old built web sites with pagelines ... maybe .. but I say.. maybe ... is because with firebug failed my search for the right css code.

And then ... but you can only find answers in forum American way?? I do not understand you're ahead on certain things and then you get lost in a glass of water for others. In this forum happen sometimes that some people in your pagelines staff reply me: "try to find a solution on the forum or google wordpress" .. but waht answers are??
If someone offer money and look for advice, as I did often, tell me this damn setting and the css code and that's it!
Every time 5/10 post until i became nervous then after that I get nervous someone magically appear with the solution. I wonder .. but put the solution in response in the first post is not better? It's not more easier to respond in kind instead of making the mysterious and say where find the solution?? I KNOW where to look BUT WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND IT that's cause way i open this post! Now.. is that clear?!
Incredible..

#4 stefanoferruggiara

stefanoferruggiara

Advocate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Then... know i just wrote to hello@pagelines.com.. i write also here exactly what i need maybe someone have the solution too.

I'm searching for the right setting to have the site divided in 3 part (that i can control as well)..

HEADER
CENTRAL (Called PAGE and marked in blue as the image of layout 'full widht section' in pageliens setting section)
FOOTER

Why i would like to control this 3 part?

Cause i would like to control the BACKGROUND COLOR of everyone for every single page and post.

I'm lookin for the right setting for have the effect applyed across the full widht of the site and i understand that, in the layout setting there is this option > full widht section.

Now... what i need i finally a css code (I think):

1 for set the background color of header included classic menu and  standard for all the site: #000
1 for set the background color of footer and standard for all the site: #000
2 for set the background color of the central part in a post and in a page: #BCBCBC
1 for set the background color of the central part in the home page: BLACK or GRAY (#BCBCBC)

Now... for you that you are so professional, expert and all .. how many time it take find and give me this? 5 minute? 10?
I can pay...
Let me know... but help me to find this solution please.

Many thanks for an appropriate and consistent reply:)

Stefano

My site:

#5 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2006 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi Stefano, you can try with

#site #page, #site #dynamic-content {background: red;}

#header.container-group {background: blue;}

#footer {background:  background: pink;}

You may also use color codes there, such as #BCBCBC , if you wish to use more specific colors.

If you want a page with different color you can use  something like 

.page-id-XX #header.container-group { background: blue;}

If you also wish to know how I find the page ID, all you need to do is load up FireBug or Google Chromes web dev tool and inspect your page html, at the top you should see body which has a number of classes assigned to it, one of these is page-id-XX (replace XX with your pages id value). I have added a danny´s screenshot to assist you.

• stefanoferruggiara likes this

#6 stefanoferruggiara

stefanoferruggiara

Advocate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Hi Stefano, you can try with

#header.container-group {background: blue;}

#footer {background:  background: pink;}

You may also use color codes there, such as #BCBCBC , if you wish to use more specific colors.

If you want a page with different color you can use  something like 

.page-id-XX #header.container-group { background: blue;}

If you also wish to know how I find the page ID, all you need to do is load up FireBug or Google Chromes web dev tool and inspect your page html, at the top you should see body which has a number of classes assigned to it, one of these is page-id-XX (replace XX with your pages id value). I have added a danny´s screenshot to assist you.

Batman.. now my site is red!! i just check your code.. i leaved and the background dont change in black is REDDDD!!!!

#7 stefanoferruggiara

stefanoferruggiara

Advocate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Ok... fixed!

Using this code:

how i can personalize for category page.. or post, etc...

You can post and example on this page:

#8 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2006 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Please you can try with

#content .content-pad { background:  #BCBCBC;}

#9 stefanoferruggiara

stefanoferruggiara

Advocate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

and which is the difference between dimanico content and page?

#10 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2006 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

You need like said James B

If you're looking to make the color backgrounds span the entire page make sure you've set 'full width sections' in the template layout.

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Stefano,

Please my friend, stop soliciting for paid assistance in the forum.  It is not allowed.  We provide Pros, as you know, at

to help in cases where a professional developer is needed.  I'll be forced to remove any post in which anyone offers to pay for help here, so kindly refrain from such solicitations.

Also, because the forum is open to all and may be found in Google, it's not a good idea to post your contact information here.  You will be spammed.

#12 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

If someone offer money and look for advice, as I did often, tell me this damn setting and the css code and that's it!
Every time 5/10 post until i became nervous then after that I get nervous someone magically appear with the solution. I wonder .. but put the solution in response in the first post is not better? It's not more easier to respond in kind instead of making the mysterious and say where find the solution?? I KNOW where to look BUT WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND IT that's cause way i open this post! Now.. is that clear?! Incredible..

What's incredible to be, is the fact that you would come into a forum, DEMAND someone give you code to do what you want, then bitch at the person who tried to help you? Poor batman actually attempted to help you, and you basically ripped him a new one. Now maybe the tone in your posts are coming off completely wrong and you're not meaning to be like that, but that's how it's being perceived.

The staff at PageLines will teach you how to fish, not catch the fish for you.

#13 stefanoferruggiara

stefanoferruggiara

Advocate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

What's incredible to be, is the fact that you would come into a forum, DEMAND someone give you code to do what you want, then bitch at the person who tried to help you? Poor batman actually attempted to help you, and you basically ripped him a new one. Now maybe the tone in your posts are coming off completely wrong and you're not meaning to be like that, but that's how it's being perceived.

The staff at PageLines will teach you how to fish, not catch the fish for you.

Listen Unicorn W.,

maybe my tone appeared intrusive but let me explain better since it's more than 2 years I come on this forum and the fact that i buy everything in your store proves my faith and belief in pagelines and his dev. But I believe that if a person asks for help, it's absolutely true that nothing is owed to him, but also should have intelligent answers and advice that I can give to my self. That's why I get nervous and too much when asking if anyone knows what time is it (PLEASE) and someone reply something like: "if you buy a watch or if you go to the streets and you look at the tower you can know that". So.. be polite.. but not stir the omelet every time (italian way of saying) once in a while, who gives that kind of answers can simply apologize or fails to participate in a post if he don't have the answers rather than give absurdly obvious reply.
For the money offer in the post.. so so so sorry.. i forget this rule.

#14 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:22 PM   Best Answer

Stefano,

I've told you in the past to be nice here and not use demanding or bad language.  I've helped you plenty and done so to make sure you're happy.  Please be nice to my colleagues and understand that this is not instant resolutions of problems.

You should not be inflaming everyone's emotions.  In fact, with this forum, they can moderate your behavior and literally, throw you out.  So, if you want help, be polite and respectful and you'll get help as you always have.... More, I dare say, than others.

It does not help you to get help if you're upsetting my colleagues.

Batman, for the record, is not a moderator. He's just a client like you and tried to help you.  In fact, you owe him a huge apology for your bad behavior.

For future reference, we are no longer allowed to provide code to our clients because too many have, like you, demanded code but not bothered to use the tools and resources to figure it out.  There will be no more code provided to anyone unless it's in the context of fixing something they've at least tried.  We don't offer coding services here.  For that, we provide our Pros.

And kindly never address our team or fellow clients as you did Nick.

#15 stefanoferruggiara

stefanoferruggiara

Advocate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Offensive?? If you think??... ok.. probably this is the a abyss between italian and american.. in Italy the offensive language is another.. for us offensive is the reply i received asking support, in the first post but ok.. we can close here the discussion.. i understand this and i will respect in future this communication ways.

#16 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2006 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Stefano

Always a smile is better.....

:D