11 replies to this topic

#1 lewiswallace

lewiswallace

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.6

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hi,

My name is Lewis and I purchased PageLines Framework about one week ago.

I am having problems with my Secondary Nav... I posted a youtube a video in the "Feature" section and posted it on my Home page. Whenever I scroll over the Secondary Nav on the home page, it seems to disappear as my mouse goes down the second nav. Please click on link and and then "ABOUT" on the Main Nav, the scroll down and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

However it doesn't do this on all the other pages that don't have feature settings activated.

Also, the whole thing is very slow to work on, I mean it takes ages to load pages and changes settings. Really frustating when you are working on a website !!!! Apart from that I love what you guys have done.

I have attached a file image to this post that pops up at the top of my website whenever I work on it. Could you tell me what that means please ? Does it have anything to do with the fact that it is very slow to work on ? On the nav problem ?

I am also looking for a plugin that would allow my viewers to view and translate my website in different languages. Do you recommend any one in particular ?

Thanks for your help !

Lewis

Attached Files

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

By secondary nav i assume you mean dropdown, and i dont see them disappearing in chrome or firefox.

Your site is slow because godaddy have you on a slow server, there is 600 other sites all sharing your IP, and some of them are slightly undesirable if you know what i mean ;)

• lewiswallace likes this

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hi Lewis,

1. There is no Secondary Navigation section active on your homepage, you have Branding and Nav Classic sections active only. Do you mean your drop down menu ?

If this is appearing behind the Slider, what browser are you using, as this is not happening for me.

2. Your site is slow because you have over 500 websites on your server, I recommend you switch host as fast as possible.

3. If you wish to have multiple translations on your site, I recommend the WPML plugin.

#4 lewiswallace

lewiswallace

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Guys thank you very much for your help, very useful :) Yes indeed I meant a Drop Down menu. I use Google Chrome and it seems not to be appearing behind the slider.... :(

Thanks for the advice on the server, I didn't even know that was the reason it was going so slow... !! 

So you are saying I would be able to work a lot faster if I switched to another server ???? Which Host do you recommend ??

Thanks a lot :)

#5 lewiswallace

lewiswallace

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Yep just tried again, and the drop down is def hiding behind the slider .... 

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Any reason why your using the old legacy nav system?

#7 lewiswallace

lewiswallace

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

No. I just started creating pages and menus, I haven't touched the different nav systems, I thought PageLines Framework would of put the latest one for me. What do I need to do ?

#8 lewiswallace

lewiswallace

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Ok, so I have just taken out the Nav Classic and dropped the NavBar in my header. 

#9 lewiswallace

lewiswallace

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Seems the problem is only on my computer, as the drop down works on my friends computer....

But Still could you help me in understanding why ? And the difference beetween the legacy nav and the one that I am suppose to have ?

Also I am going to switch hosting accounts now that I realize that is the problem !!! Can't handle being this slow !!! Recommendations ??

And Danny cheers for the plugin, but do you know of any free ones that I could use for the translation ?

Thanks for your HELP guys, I need it !!!  :startle:

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Are you using the latest edition of the browser? If not update and see if that makes a difference. If testing on IE make sure 'compatibility mode' is off.

The error message your getting looks like the 'sections plugin' isn't installed. Please go to Pagelines>store from the wp dash and install it.

We offer two navigation options, classic nav which is our original nav from previous editions of the framework, and navbar which is a new nav which is created by the bootstrap twitter team.

I'm not to good with the hosting side of things but zippykid and wpengine get mentioned alot, best to get your own server than sign up to shared hosting.

As for translation plugins, a member of the team here uses

which is free.

#11 lewiswallace

lewiswallace

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Hi James,

So I just updated the lastest version of the browser and now it works fine, thanks for your help !!! ;) I also installed the "Sections plugin" Aswell and the error message has also disappeared ! Happy days.

I will check the hosting sites you mentioned and the plugin you suggested is great !

Thank you so much James, you've been of great help !

#12 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

On behalf of James, you're welcome :)