#1 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hi,

So as you may or may not be aware, the new Support Center including documentation has been released.

This topic has been created so you can provide feedback, suggestions and so on.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

***Please do not ask support questions here, this topic is for feedback, suggestions and ideas. If you have a question, please create a new topic.*** 

• hibbsy78, rolhuy and assomibatrifs like this

#2 kakadong

kakadong

• Members

• 113 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Great! Thanks for the info.

#3 paul_t

paul_t

• Members

• 157 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS 1.1.6

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Appreciate the new docs

but have to point out 

Shortcodes/tools

Charts for when you want to show some charts and stuffs

Previously reported on the main forum as now deprecated by Google.

Why let customers happily put this feature into a site if it is no longer supported and is going to disappear

As per that post  - would be fantastic to have a current option for Charts that was as simple to use as this (you need to document how to do charts other than pi)

btw - What is 'stuffs'

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

stuffs ?

#5 paul_t

paul_t

• Members

• 157 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

scroll down to charts 

;)

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

It's simply the colourful wording of one of our developers, nothing more. You will most likely find other words or phrasing, just don't read too much into it :D

#7 paul_t

paul_t

• Members

• 157 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

nuff said then

atb

#8 scanlondesign

scanlondesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Framework Version:developer plus

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Newbie here - trying to put together a site with sections and plugins since I do not write code and can't find a theme that has the flexibility I need.  I am trying to set up a site with a clean look.  I am finding that the "projects", boxes, decker, scrollex are all varying widths so the site looks messy.  Is there a way to adjust the width of each of these so they are all the same?

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hi there ScanLondesign, please can you start a new post/thread for your question so we can keep all answered relating to it in the same place :-)

However, I can say if you are looking to adjust the width of sections/features and override the defaults inside Pagelines you will need to use custom css. You can find out more about using css inside the Framework here -

#10 anjuks

anjuks

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

About bloody time! Well done!

Upon a quick look there's everything pretty much in one place. I was getting tired of surfing all over the place and asking in forums for that info! :) Now a newcomer (either experienced develeper - or one just missing some knowledge here and there like me) should be able to grasp how all the various elements fit together - which is supposed to be the mantra of Pagelines anyway - isn't it... quick development?

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Thanks for the comments.

#12 mpdstudios

mpdstudios

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

I'm hoping that this is the right place for this suggestion.  I've been a Pageline customer for a while, and I really like the products, plug-ins and all that Pagelines has on offer.  However, recently I downloaded the BROWSER-SPECIFIC-CSS plug-in for the Pagelines framework, and after not being able to figure it out, I went looking for instructions.  Now, granted, there is a call out on the product page that states support can be found in the product's support area of the site.  But when you get there, you have to dig a little more to find the specific product support you're looking for.  

Why not simply place the direct link for support on the product page?  You know "Looking for Support for this Product?  Click here."  Just wondering if that's too much to ask?

Thanks.

#13 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

I will pass this recommendation to our management.

#14 rvhernandez

rvhernandez

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

When is the documentation going to be completed? There still too many pages with place holder images. It really isn't that helpful...

#15 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

Hi there,

I'll check what stage we're upto with our doc's team for you on the screenshots. I think at the moment they're concentrating on get as many of the instructions up as possible to make sure the information is there, then follow up with the screenshots. We'll check and get back to you.

#16 zouleo

zouleo

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

A suggestion: If you could complete the part on how to create your own sections, that would be very helpful.

#17 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

If you're looking for more on section programming check out -

• zouleo likes this

#18 Olly

Olly

Advanced Member

• Members

• 66 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

I am new to Pagelines. I have some basic HTML/CSS knowldege but I am currently a beginner when it comes to PHP & Javascript.

I I have just finished watched the PDET Video tutorials. They were a little out of date but still helpful in understanding how to create sections, even for a complete beginner like me.

The problem is - where are the rest of the promised videos? You covered Sections, but what about building themes and plugins?

I want to learn how to create/customise a child theme in Pagelines but I have no idea where to start.

Are their any video tutorials explaining how to create child themes for Pagelines? Or even basic documentation? I can't find anything anywhere...

Is there a easy way to convert an existing WP theme into a Pagelines child theme?

I like Pagelines in principle, but these days very few of us would build a WP theme from scratch for a new website - we'd simply take an existing theme and customise it.

I want to take an existing WP theme and customise it for Pagelines. Is this possible?

#19 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hi,

The PageLines theming center should assist you - 

If it doesn't please provide some feedback and we can try to make the process simpler. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: documentation