Photo
- - - - -

New To Pagelines, How Would I Do This?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 steck1983

steck1983

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

Hi,

I'm new to pagelines framework , familar mainly with joomla so far... Im trying to get going on wordpress and pagelines etc..

I'd like to generate a layout on a particular page similar to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Notice the banner image, a header text, and then a 2 column layout below that. Whats the best approach?

a) a custom page template? If so where are the the pagelines platform default templates, (ie template 1 etc) stored so I can see what they look like?

B) boxes?

c) something else?

Im having trouble finding examples, if you have any links that would be helpful please post.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17600 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hi,

You could create a similar layout using the following sections in this order.

Feature Section - for the banner.

For the "GIVE THE GIFT OF SPORT" You could create use the grid to create a two column layout.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

For the two rows of four columns, I would say use Boxes and create two box sets.

#3 steck1983

steck1983

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

ok, thanks,

i used the features for the banner. How can you adjust the size of the feature image for a particular page? i noticed there is a .fset_height class. Also I dont want it with a hover link characteristic. Can this be switched off? All I really want to do is display a background image in a div. No iinks etc all this is is a page header.

As far as the "Gift of Sport" using the grid, where do I apply this code. the html view in the page editor?

the boxes seem pretty easy,

So when do you create a custom page template? Are there examples available?

thanks,

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17600 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

If the feature slider isn't working out for you, try another section such as ContentBox and use HTML to add the image.

I am not sure as to why you feel the need to create a custom template, you can do so if you like but you can just as simply change the sections on any of the current templates.

You add the grid to the editor HTML tab when editing or creating a page.