• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 choubo

choubo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hey guys, did a bit of digging before I came here. Forgive me I'm quite new to website building.

I've encountered a few problems with installing pagelines (used to get fatal errors like: Fatal error: Allowed memory blah blah - resolved that by giving up, deleting my SQL database and starting fresh - no moar errors!), my current issue is being unable to manipulate my sites look at all even after a fresh install of wordpress and pagelines.

I've installed worpress and pagelines a bunch of times (pagelines via FTP and via wordpress), but I'm still unable to move stuff around. I've watched a few videos of what a website SHOULD look like after a fresh install (which is where my website is at now), and I can tell you, it certainly doesn't look the way it's meant to!

Unsure if it's my hosting company or me derping. I'm learning as I go along here.

Appreciate any help I can get at this stage.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

It sounds like you may be using a rather inexpensive (and thus very limited) hosting package. These usually prevent many of the resources needed for WordPress to function properly.

I'd contact the host and ask them to upgrade the available memory for PHP processes to 128 megabytes. If they refuse or say that your hosting package doesn't allow that you have two choices... upgrade to a higher package or run, do not walk to a new host such as BlueHost or WP Engine which optimize their settings for WordPress.

Make absolutely certain not to use an auto installer for WordPress as this will corrupt the permissions needed for WordPress to function properly.

#3 choubo

choubo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Haha, thanks buddy - will try talking to my host. Have been wanting to change hosts for a while, so that may also be an option too.

Thank you very much.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15079 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

If you do plan on changing host, we recommend either ZippyKid! or WP Engine.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved