Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Random Space Outside Page Area

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 philbouchet

philbouchet

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hi,

I have been trying to fix this for several hours without any luck - there is a random white line at the very bottom of my homepage which I can't get rid of. It falls outside the page area (I can't select it using web developer tools) and is there no matter how many sections I place in my footer, and regardless of their order. When I change the website layout mode to fixed-width mode (currently set to full-width) the same space appears above the header. When I change the layout back to full width mode, the space above the header disappears but the one below the footer remains.
Any suggestions?

Attached Files

#2 dokether

dokether

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

I posted about this as well in the Customizations forum, but to date have not had any solutions presented:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

As I said in your post:

Usually when this happens there's some code error of some kind, such as an extra empty paragraph tag or a missing ; in CSS. It can also be an empty div. Had you removed anything from the footer area like a sidebar?

Unfortunately, I cannot find anything looking at it and so I'm going to escalate this, but while I do, please copy your custom code and paste it into the Direct Input tab here and validate:

This will tell you if there's anything wrong with your custom code.

#4 philbouchet

philbouchet

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hi Rob,

Thanks so much for taking the time to look into this - I validated my custom CSS code as suggested and no errors were returned. I also tried deleting the entire CSS custom code and reloading the webpage and the random space was still there. Any further suggestions appreciated.

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Do you have a live link to your site?

#6 philbouchet

philbouchet

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Sadly I don't as it is on a local server for now

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Have you tried either

or if in fixed width mode

#8 philbouchet

philbouchet

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

Yes I have tried #footer { padding-bottom: 0;} but to no avail. Also tried #footer { margin-bottom: 0;} but that didn't work either. I am currently the watermark but if I turn the watermark feature on, the space is still visible underneath it. I am quite puzzled as to why this is happening.

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hi,

That space is your body, you're most likely using custom CSS to style your footer background, all you need to use is the Color Control > Body Background color. Remove your custom footer CSS and add your body background color and there should be no space.

#10 philbouchet

philbouchet

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Beautiful, that did the trick :) Although I would like to have this space as the same colour as my footer (say, blue) while the body as a whole remains white. I think I'll just create an white image file with a blue band at the bottom and insert it as a background image within the body properties. Problem solved! Thanks so much to all who contributed answers.

#11 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.