• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 grd290672

grd290672

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hi,

Hope someone can help me. My website www.creativebenchamrking.com is so slow at loading pages when using Pagelines Pro Theme. I actually deleted the entire installation, databse and everything and started again thinking I had gone over the top with content, but just rebuilt it with maybe 7 or 8 pages with only gif images on. No active plugins, and it takes ages to load pages. Once I swap out to another theme it runs really quickly.

Please can someone help....I really want to use Pagelines but am now having doubts.

Thanks in advance.
Gareth

#2 grd290672

grd290672

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Sorry...www.creativebenchmarking.com

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

Gareth,

I've run a Pingdom.com test on your site and it's taking 14.8 seconds to implement your URL (which loads before WP and PL).

Admittedly, it takes twice that time for one key part of PageLines to load, which, together with the domain load time, tells me your host company needs to improve its services for that machine. I'm not sure what kind of hosting package you're on, but I have a huge site (over 100,000 posts and pages) on a dedicated server with a complete load time of 3.8 seconds while yours, with a fraction of the content is loading at 44.22 seconds (total load time).

I can recommend that you upgrade your hosting and insist that the host provide a minimum of 128Mb for PHP processing memory. Additionally, I can recommend MaxCDN as an additional measure to increase speed.

#4 grd290672

grd290672

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

Mmmh. Site is hosted with Easyspace. Been on phone all morning and they say the site is hosted on their newest server of which they have hundreds of wordpress installations who do not suffer spped problems.

They said the php code creating the main html is maybe flawed, and thr style sheet is taking a very long time to load.

Rock and Hard Place spring to mind.....not sure what to do now, I like Pagelines alot and its functionality, but if I can't get this sorted, will probably have to look for another theme....and final suggestions?

Thanks

Gareth

#5 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

you can enable the filemode css, might not work on really cheap hosts:

add to wp-config.php

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• evscicats likes this

#6 grd290672

grd290672

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Hello, upped the PHP processing memory to 128 and its now working brilliant. Thanks for pointing that out. V happy now!

G

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, Speed