Photo
- - - - -

How To Remove Empty Div Tags *only* In 'page' Content Area?

wordpress empty div tags html css forms

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tiptopcare

tiptopcare

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Greetings,

I have made my original post at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, but am inquiring here for assistance in case anyone here is familiar with the issue. In addition, I have also submitted a support request via

A commenter at my StackExchange post suggests I should possibly seek assistance from here and PageLines Premium Support (as I did purchase the Premium framework).

The problem:
Wordpress(?) is inserting empty DIV tags throughout the page, and this is cosmetically affecting my form big-time by resulting in a very vertically-dragged out form with huge spacing in between rows. It looks ugly and awful. I have spent hours last month Googling for solutions and tried many that did nothing. There was one that worked, but unfortunately it broke the image slider I have at

so I couldn't use that solution.

As per suggestions from my StackExchange post, I have also enabled debug mode with logging and more detail enabled. Unfortunately, the only things showing up are two minor and irrelevant errors about WP Super Cache (irrelevant because during development I had the WP Super Cache plugin entirely disabled, and still had the empty DIV tag problem), and one error being printed on my wp-admin dashboard "Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home/username/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2722".

These are the plugins I presently have enabled:
Contact Form 7
TinyMCE Advanced
WP-DBManager
WP Super Cache

Any assistance and support is much appreciated!

Attached Files

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Deactivate the plugins, one at a time and clear the cache before visiting the site to see if these mystery divs vanish. If they do, then the plugin last deactivated was the culprit and should be replaced.

#3 tiptopcare

tiptopcare

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Deactivate the plugins, one at a time and clear the cache before visiting the site to see if these mystery divs vanish. If they do, then the plugin last deactivated was the culprit and should be replaced.

I've deactivated *all* my plugins (except for the very plugin that does the contact form) and I still have this problem. I have Googled and researched, and it isn't the form plugin that is doing this -- it isn't supposed to.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Hi there, it looks like Pagelines is adding an extra margin to the P tag, try the css below to remove it. Paste into Pagelines>Site Options>Custom Code

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wordpress, empty div tags, html, css, forms