Photo

Nav Bar And Banner On Mobile Devices

Nav Bar banner mobile themes mobile devices

Best Answer Rob , 01 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

PlatformBase is not a mobile theme.  It's the requisite child theme for PlatformPro.  Think of PlatformPro as the engine and PlatformBase as the chassis.  Normally, without and added software, plugins, themes... Platform is responsive in mobile devices.

That said, PageLines Framework is responsive with many add-ons, plugins, sections and child themes better designed for mobile than Platform ever was.

I'm sorry for the confusion.  You'll likely not see any upgrade link in Platform for Framework that I know of, but you should take James' advice and write to hello@pagelines.com.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jmulkins

jmulkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

We are using PlatfromPro 1.5.3. The navigation bar and banner are not showing up on mobile devices. After searching the forum for clues I still can;t figure out why.
I've tried different themes and have used the switcher settings to no effect. I've treid different mobile themes as well. Still, I can't believe this is a complicated issue. Is there a simple way to enable the banner and nav bar on my site?

http://peoplescongress.org
johnmulkins@gmail.com or
johnmulkins@peoplescongress.org

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Your site has an XML error in it, possibly caused by a 3rd party mobile theme, seen when viewed in my Android device. The mobile view is thus broken and unseen.

The banner is not a responsive element. The navigation (menu) is responsive, unless someone's added fixed pixel widths. That's what usually messes up responsiveness.

Since you're using PlatformPro 1.5.3, I have two questions... Is PlatformBase 1.4.1 the activated theme (it's supposed to be). Have you considered updating to PageLines Framework? It uses far more responsive elements and has more options than banners to get your message out there, responsively. Since PlatformPro 1.5.3 is now a legacy product and won't be updated, it's important to make the switch soon as eventually, it will be deprecated from the support queue.

#3 jmulkins

jmulkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

I'll look for any 3rd party mobile themes and remove them, thanks.
I'll also look later tonight to see if the nav bar has been fixed to a certain width, I don;t think it is but will check.
Since PlatformBAse is suppose to be the activated theme( I did not know this) I will activcte it in a few minutes. If you think upgrading to PageLines Framework will help I will also do that, but probably tomorrow, since I am off to work soon.

Thanks so much for this advise. I'll let you know what happens within a few days at most. Have a great day.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

Jolly good. We'll look forward to your update.

#5 jmulkins

jmulkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

All I see for a mobile theme is PlatformBase. It looks like at least one is required, but this si the same as my desktop version.

I also looked at the CSS Stylesheet and did not see anything that points to a defined width for the Nav bar.

Still cannot find the link to upgrade to PageLines Framework, could yuou send one to me?

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Is the upgrade link not showing up for you at the top of your WP Dashboard?

#7 jmulkins

jmulkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

I do not see anything relating to a PageLines Frameworks upgrade on my Dashboard/Home page. I followed the link you provided (Please read the docs before posting) but do not see a specific link there either for PageLines Framework.

Can you provide a simple link that goes to the upgrade?
John

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

Hi John, please drop an email to "hello@pagelines" address and I'll zap you through the details directly.

#9 jmulkins

jmulkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

I don't see a link to Pagelines Framework on my Dashboard/Home page

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:14 PM   Best Answer

PlatformBase is not a mobile theme.  It's the requisite child theme for PlatformPro.  Think of PlatformPro as the engine and PlatformBase as the chassis.  Normally, without and added software, plugins, themes... Platform is responsive in mobile devices.

That said, PageLines Framework is responsive with many add-ons, plugins, sections and child themes better designed for mobile than Platform ever was.

I'm sorry for the confusion.  You'll likely not see any upgrade link in Platform for Framework that I know of, but you should take James' advice and write to hello@pagelines.com.

#11 jmulkins

jmulkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

no

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

No? As in you won't write to hello@pagelines.com or did I miss something else?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nav Bar, banner, mobile themes, mobile devices