Photo
- - - - -

Disqus Issues (Comments Count And More)

disqus comments counter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 creatov

creatov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

I've an issue with the Disqus plugin. Hope you can give any hint to solve the issue, this is a little weird.

The counter of the comments is 0 even if there are comments. See example

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

There the counter is zero »

205.78KB   2 downloads

But there are comments »

If I disable the disqus plugin (and clean the cache etc) there are NO comments showed »

But the comments are in the article, see »

I do really not know anymore what is causing this issue and I'm now stuck in the middle. I cannot disable Disqus: I prefer to use this plugin, but the counter has to work. But disabling is causing the comments to disappear.

Hope you can help me out.

Thanks.

Wouter

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Please try deactivating all other active plugins to see if any of them could be causing a conflict.

#3 creatov

creatov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

I've done all that... Nothing found :s

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Disqus support is fantastic and very quick. Have you written them as I don't think this is a PageLines issue.

When Disqus is implemented, it replaces the default WordPress commenting system and other than appearing within the PageLines Framework as such, we don't do anything to or with the Disqus code. Nothing in Framework changes whether you use WP comments or Disqus, and as a result, there's nothing for us to change, tweak or adjust to help with this. Likely there are two culprits. 1. A caching plugin you have (clear the plugin's cache if you have one) or 2. a Permalinks issue (just go to Settings > Permalinks and without changing anything, save the permalinks).

There may be some settings they can shed light on that we don't know about since we don't provide Disqus support.

Hope this helps.

#5 creatov

creatov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for your reply. One thing is an issue to move forward. If I try to change my theme to the default theme the result is an empty page. So I guess something is wrong somewhere in my theme. Do you have any suggestion to have a closer look at?

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

turn off the page cache, the comments are generated externally but your page is cached.

#7 creatov

creatov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Simon... I did that but that didn't solve the issue. None of the comments are showing up even if they are in my article (see previous screenshots)

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

I can only suggest totally disabling the cache and contacting discus. Impossible to solve anything looking at stale cached pages and screenshots.

#9 creatov

creatov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

This was the advice from the people from Disqus:

Try enabling the ‘Output Javascript in footer’ checkbox under Advanced Options in the Disqus plugin. This will output Disqus JavaScript in the footer and should fix this.

If that doesn’t work, this may be caused by your current theme or a plugin. You can test this by temporarily reverting to the default WordPress theme. If that doesn’t fix this, try disabling all plugins except for Disqus.

I've replied this... and wait for their reply. I'll report over here if I can find something that solves my issue. 

Thanks for your reply... It's not working. On

I've dropped also my question to the Pagelines developers. But already for two weeks I'm stuck in this issue. Any suggestion to where I should have a closer look? I cannot switch back to the default WordPress comments also, because they are not showing up if I disable the plugin.

PS: Thanks for helping.

#10 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

So let me just recap here, as this post has become a little diluted...

Discus comments work but dont show the comment count.

So if you switch to default theme comments dont show at all? Or with discus enabled?

Personally i think this is a js issue and could possibly be cloudflare related?