• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

I need to create some boxes that has text above the image and then a link below. I don't think I can do this using the Boxes section but I can achieve it by making small changes to the Boxes section. I know I can't edit the section in the Pagelines theme so I copied the Boxes section to plugins/pagelines-sections but then and made changes but this resulted in me having two columns of boxes so obviously I wasn't doing this quite right.

I then thought that I don't really need a separate Boxes menu item, I just need the boxes to display differently so I copied the Boxes section from the Pagelines theme and put it in my custom theme under 'Sections' thinking that if I had this folder then it would override the Pagelines folder but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Any advice on how to do this?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

The solution is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. This has 9 prebuilt formats for boxes, which it changes into Content Blocks. You can also add these by shortcode anywhere, while our default boxes are limited.

I'd recommend undoing the changes you made, implementing Boxer plugin and applying the layout you want with the options in the plugin.

#3 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for your message Rob. This morning I discovered that what I'd been doing had worked it's just that I'd forgotten to upload my changes - how embarrassing. I obviously needed to go to sleep last night and wasn't thinking logically.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13192 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, boxes, sections