Photo
- - - - -
Open

Double Sidebar Doesn't Work

Best Answer geertbesten , 02 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for your time and response James but I'm losing confidence in a solution for this... Checked your suggestions but all is fine and is showing up good at my locally developed site. My feeling this has more to do with server side configuration... Anyway, I do have a license for the elder Platform Pro template and think I move back to that one now.

Geert

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 geertbesten

geertbesten

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hi there,

I'm using the latest version of the Pagelines framework to build this website:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The primary an secondary sidebars should come up on the right hand side (double sidebars) but they show up at the botto of the page.

Funny thing is I've developed the site locally and there it's all working fine. See this screenshot:

How come? What am I looking over?

Geert

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Geert,

If you go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Layout Editor, can you tell me what the width of SB1 and SB2 are?

I see this which seems incorrect:

At 50% each sidebar is forced to take up half the content space.

It would appear some of the code affecting this comes from custom coding. If so, you may need to re-do that to fix this.

#3 geertbesten

geertbesten

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your response. Both sidebars are configured at 240px wide (as standard in the template). I haven't done any custom code, any suggestions what it could be or what to do now?

Geert

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Are there any plugins activated in the live version of the site that aren't activated in the local version?

#5 geertbesten

geertbesten

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

The only difference is the Askimet plugin.

#6 geertbesten

geertbesten

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

It occurs when I upload the locally developed website to the webserver AND when I configure the template from standard on the webserver. Frustrating.

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Hi there, i've checked the source code on the site and it's showing the blog template as set to full width, which is weird as the sidebars are still displaying. As the front page is set to posts are you editing the layout for this template via the blog template in the drag and drop? I can't see your screenshot anymore as it's expired so i'm just having to take a guess to see if there's anything else in the layout settings which could assist.

#8 geertbesten

geertbesten

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hi James, thanks for your support. The setting for the blog template on my virtual machine is set similarly to the website. Screenshot isn't expired but unfortunately the link was incorrupt. Please check again here:

. And yes, I'm editing layout for templates in the drag and drop. Would be great if you have more tips.

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

Hey there :-)

I checked your screenshot, that's exactly what i see too. Can you take a screen shot of the drag and drop set up for us and of the widget area.

Just a thought but have you placed both sidebar sections, SB1 & SB2 in the drag and drop into the primary sidebar container at all? So two sidebar sections in one sidebar container?

#10 geertbesten

geertbesten

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:06 PM   Best Answer

Thanks for your time and response James but I'm losing confidence in a solution for this... Checked your suggestions but all is fine and is showing up good at my locally developed site. My feeling this has more to do with server side configuration... Anyway, I do have a license for the elder Platform Pro template and think I move back to that one now.

Geert