Photo
Resolved

Nav Bar Color Different Depending On Pages- Browser/cache Issue?

menu bar color different WP3 browser settings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tamrahjo

tamrahjo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationColorado USA
  • Framework Version:Lite (free theme)

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Installed PageLines Free Theme (lite) and am building entire site utilizing WP (previously, designed sites with CSS, etc., then loaded WP in /blog folder and customized theme to match site)

Working Site address is: www.tamrahjo.com

I'm trying to look at different choices for the Main Nav bar - I update the Nav Bar Theme and Alignment in Site Options >Nav Bar - and when I surf through using the menu buttons, sometimes the menu shows up blue, or gray, or black transparent - - tried changing to red, just to see and never could view the red theme.

I've doubled-checked that I'm Saving Options each time.

I set the header area to Branding and Nav Bar in Pagelines>Site Header area.

If someone could please advise if either the W3 Super Cache or some setting in my browswers (viewing in both Mozilla Firefox 17 and IE 9 currently) is holding on to old loaded pages and I need to change setting to allow a full re-load, I'd appreciate it.

Sorry for such Newbie question - I'm use to designing in Dreamweaver and uploading/viewing - not building directly online via web browser window and have never encountered this kind of issue before - - not sure where to start troubleshooting - PageLines - WP - Plug Ins or Browser Settings -

Thanks for any/all assistance!
Tamrah Jo

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Ive no idea about the CSS questions, but why oh why did you install a cache 1st?? I mean are you expecting a million hits a day or something before you have even designed the site?? lol

Clear its caches and turn it off completely until the site is finished.

#3 tamrahjo

tamrahjo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationColorado USA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Forgot to mention - I have Mozilla Web Developer Add On - but am trying to build without customizing CSS or child themes.

#4 tamrahjo

tamrahjo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationColorado USA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Ive no idea about the CSS questions, but why oh why did you install a cache 1st?? I mean are you expecting a million hits a day or something before you have even designed the site?? lol

Clear its caches and turn it off completely until the site is finished.

LOL - I was starting to think that was the issue simply because I have never used that before - Laugh at the Noob's following answer to Why?

"Well, I was going through every help page, suggestion, Get Started topic to familiarize myself with building totally utilizing WP in root folder/theme and somewhere along the line, It Said - "Recommended" and "stable/no issues" and I clicked YES!, YES! No clue what it does, but darn, ain't I being ProActive!"

Thanks so Much for the prompt reply - That fixed it -

Despite living near Colorado Springs and working in various Biz's over the years that had special 'field trips' to NORAD - I exclude myself, based on my tendency of:

"HEY! That's a cool button - what does it do? <Push>"

Thanks Again!
Happy Thanksgiving

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, menu bar, color, different, WP3, browser settings