Photo
- - - - -

Add A Second Logo (Ie. Sponsor)

logosponsor customization

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 trevor_johnson

trevor_johnson

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

I am wanting to add a second logo in my header. Preferably just to the left of the social media Icons, and I would like to have the logo link to an external website.

I am a novice, but can follow directions well. Appreciate the help.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Hi there, you'll need to implement a hook to do this. A hook will add the extra code for the image and link inside the branding section. We have a new hook plugin releasing shortly which will make the process easier, so if you're happy to wait for that to go live it etc.

Otherwise here's a link to another post on the forum which implements a hook into the branding area, you'd need to change the html which has been inserted to reflect your image and link etc.

You can find out more about hooks here

#3 trevor_johnson

trevor_johnson

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

So, I suppose I should have waited until the plugin release that you mentioned. But, alas, I did not.

I ONLY added the information from the link you provided to the function.php after installing the pagelines customize plugin.

When I clicked update file, it all went down hill. I cannot go to my website or even try to take that code out. Major problems that I'm kind of freaking out over...

#4 trevor_johnson

trevor_johnson

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

I was fortunately able to fix that issue by editing the function.php through FTP. Whew!

I guess the hooks are a little over my skill level and I should wait for the plugin release.

I ended up with a work around, albeit a clunky one, that allows me to do what I wanted. I added a Universal Sidebar widget to the header. It serves the purpose, but the alignment isn't ideal.

Thanks for the help!

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

If you go into your site via ftp you can find the functions.php inside the child theme and delete the code you entered and re-save. That will set the site back to normal. This is the only problem with editing the functions.php, if anything is slightly out it will throw an error.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Our posts crossed there, glad you got it sorted. If you know css you can align the sidebar better by editing the padding/margins

#7 hibbsy78

hibbsy78

Advocate

• Members

• 303 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Any idea on when the hook plugin will be available?

Desperate to add a 'Donate' button above our social media icons on our charity site.

Thanks,

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

There is hook plugin but you'll be able to implement a hook in base theme. If you're not familiar with base theme yet, please see this: