Photo

Is It Possible To Have 2 Different Blog Pages?

post pages blog

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tyroneyang

tyroneyang

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:PlatformPro 1.5.3

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

I have a quick questions. I am working with PageLines PlateformPro version 1.5.3

Here's our site
http://www.yangarch.com/WordPress/

I work for an architecture firm and am trying to get together a blog website for the firm. We want both the "design journal" tab and the "Inspiration" tab to be in the blog format but contain different posts. Our "design journal" page will be blog posts about what our firm is currently working on and the "inspiration" page will be a travel blog or just products that we like that we do not design.

Is there a way to have two separate post pages that have different content? Can we assign each individual post to a specific page? Is there a plugin for this?

Thanks so much!

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Easiest way, is to add a new category and add then make the posts in that new category.

All posts will appear on the front page, unless you find a plugin to manage what categories are shown on the front page.

#3 tyroneyang

tyroneyang

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:PlatformPro 1.5.3

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I already tried the new category idea but all categories still post on the "design journal" page? I can't assign a different page to each category can I?

Does anyone know of a plugin to accomplish what I am trying to do? (See above)

Thanks!

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

A page can't be assigned to a category. Only blog posts can be assigned to categories.

You can create one category for Design Journal and one category for Inspiration. For more info, please see: https://codex.wordpr...tegories_Screen