4 replies to this topic

#1 jannon

jannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hi

I'm not sure if this is a Crackbar or PageLines problem. I just installed Crackbar and everything was fine. Then I added a page and put this as a sub menu item under "Member Directory" but the background on this has defaulted to the navbar blue. How can I fix this?

The URL is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

then click on Member Directory.

thanks

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS). The style of a page element consists of two parts: the selector and the attribute.

Selector: Used to select the page element you want to change (in this case, the page element you want to change is your selected submenu item color).
Attribute: Property that determines what kind of change you want (you’re changing the background color, so the attribute you want to use is background-color).

To find the selector for the selected submenu item, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please read and follow these instructions:

For help with the background-color attribute, please see these instructions:
http://w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

#3 jannon

jannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Yes, currently I have the following because I was having problem with the regular navbar (I wanted a light yellow for background on hover). But now I want the settings in cracker. So I changed the background-color to none and then I got the default navbar blue but only on this one submenu item. So how do I get it to use the crackbar setting for the hover highlight? And how come it works for all the other submenu items but not this one?

.dropdown-menu li > a:hover, .dropdown-menu li > a:focus, .dropdown-submenu:hover > a, .dropdown-menu li.current-menu-item > a {
background-color: none;
color: #000000;
background-image: none;
background-repeat: repeat-x;
}

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Hi there, as Crackbar is a premium plugin we'll need you to refer your question to the developer here

If you could post a question in the livefyre comments the developer will answer you through there :)

#5 benz_admin

benz_admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:42 PM   Best Answer

Hi Jannon,

here is the css code for your customizations:

.navbar .navline > li > a:hover {
    background-color: rgba(255,255,0,0.1);
}

Let me know if it works!