Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Confused By Installation

Question

Posted · Report post

hi,

Trying to get some clarification on this.

I installed PageLines Framework 2.3.5

I would like to know if I should install a base child theme as I used to with Platform Pro?

Read this review http://www.wpmayor.com/pagelines-framework-2-2-review/

When you install Pagelines Framework you get two themes:

• PageLines Framework
  • Base Theme

I only got one theme when I installed Pagelines Framework, is this correct?

Hopefully you can clarify this for me as I am trying to find the answer online but to no avail, as the instructions you give on installation don't mention the base theme.

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thanks Catrina

The link you provided discusses the base theme with pagelines 2.0, so I'm presuming this it reads the same for the new pagelines framework?

Posted · Report post

To install the Base theme, just login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Themes and click the install button for the Base child theme.

Posted · Report post

I responded to you in your other thread that no, you don't have not have base theme activated unless you need it (for editing any files for customization purposes).

Posted · Report post

apologies catrina.

I would be customising a lot of the pagelines template so I downloaded the pagelines customisation plugin.

Not sure if I find it quicker to edit, as I used to have the base theme active and edit directly within the editor in the dashboard.

Thank you for clarification on this.

Posted · Report post

cathrina if I wanted to install the base theme, after I have installed the frameworks theme what would be the best method to do this?

Also is there a latest version of the base theme that is more compatible with the new framework and where would I find this.

Thanks for your time.