Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Box For Link Overlaid On Graphic?

Question

Posted · Report post

I hope this is okay to ask - newb here - can I use a Box to overlay a link across my static page graphic? Or do I just need to imbed the link text in my jpg and make my graphic a link by itself?

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Yes - so that the overlay is a link, while the un-overlaid part of the graphic isn't.

Posted · Report post

From what you've said I would say apply the image as a background image to the page (or if you know css to the content-area) and then apply the text with the link over the top using a content box or through the main content area. It sounds like you're making a launchpage, have you seen our launchpage plugin? http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/launchpage/

Posted · Report post

Hi there, I'm not really sure what you mean there. You can place an image into your page using html which can also contain a link. Are you able to provide us with a mock up of what you're trying to do, the look you're trying to achieve? We might be able to suggest an alternative method or section you could use.

Posted · Report post

Sorry, James :) - the image takes up most of my content area - I'd just like to add a text link on a section of that image, instead of making the whole image a link.

Posted · Report post

Do you mean an overlay similar to the text overlay on a feature in the feature slider?