Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved Images And Customized Font-Size In Sidebars

Question

Posted · Report post

Thanks for a great forum,

1. How do I display images in a sidebar the best way? (Just 1 or 2 fixed, no slider)

2. How do I customize the font and the font-size in a sidebar the best way?

Using Framework 2.35

Kind regards

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

The easiest way to put an image in the sidebar would be to place the image inside a text widget using html. Or via a plugin depending on your requirements.

The only way to customize the front and font size in the sidebar would be to use CSS. You'd need to use www.getfirebug.com to find the selectors for the sidebar and then target the font. All custom css can be placed in Pagelines>site options>custom code.

You can find out more on css and how to structure it here http://www.w3schools.com/css/

Posted · Report post

Thanks James,

1a. Ok, so how do I place an image into an text widget? Tried a lot ...

1b. Also discovered the contentbox. Will your instructions, to add an image, be the same as for the text widget?

1c. Could you tell a little about pros and cons for a text widget vs contentbox? What´s your idea when to use what?

2. Clear.

Much appreciated

Posted · Report post

1a. Use HTML, if you require assistance with HTML, please visit this site - http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

1b. Adding an image to a ContentBox requires basic HTML code, please visit the link above.

1c. A Text Widget is a widget and works only in widget areas such as a sidebar. The ContentBox is a section and can be placed in a number of locations.

Posted · Report post

Found it, quite simple acually.

Thanks for the link... will be useful

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.