• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tslsites

tslsites

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hi there,

I am needing to display on the features, both names and thumbnails.

Someone on the support chat told me to post here as to know exactly what PageLines hook to use as this option is not on the dropdown.

So the question is: can I use a hook so that I can have both names and thumbnails? (see screenshot attached)

I think this may be the hook but I am not sure and if it is, I would like to know how to implement this.

Thanks!
-Armando

Attached Files

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hi Armando,

The hooks list can be found here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Looking through the list the hook you'd need to use would be 'pagelines_feature_nav_before', I'll check what the process is with one of the core team and come back to you.

#3 tslsites

tslsites

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

Hi James,

Yes, that's the hook I was thinking, yet I don't know how go implement, so I'll wait to hear back from you.

Thanks!
-Armando

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Hi,

I am not sure if this could be even done with a hook and if it can it will be very tricky. I recommend you you contact one of our Pros.

#5 tslsites

tslsites

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Before I contact the PROs which will in itself create a process for me to figure out who to contact, I'd like to try myself first with the hook of at least a bit more info could be shared here as to how to use a Pagelines hook.

Thanks!
-Armando

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Armando,

I think that the combination of a hook to handle the title and the option to add a thumb would be near impossible for anyone but a professional developer with PageLines experience to handle. Thus I'm going to concur with Danny and send you to

Our moderator team are pretty good about fixing most issues, but we cannot code or create solutions such as this as we're not skilled developers.

#7 tslsites

tslsites

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

I don't understand then. I thought that posting on the forum was a way to communicate with the developers of Pagelines (and the community of users, etc). This to me seems like it could be a new feature that could be very useful for all.

For a better example of what I am trying to accomplish you can take a look at:

Thanks!

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

Hi Armando

The forum is a great way to communicate with other users and for any topics/issues the developers need to be aware or can help with, we liaise the information through to them and come back to with their responses. If there is a possibility that we can offer a simple fix to a users problem or come up with a suitable workaround then we do. Unfortunately for more complex issues which require the creation of a custom section or a large amount of customization outside the scope of product support, then we would have to refer you to a Pagelines Pro, who would be able to create the section/code for you.

Unfortunately on checking with the core team we've been told that it's not possible to use a hook to create the type of effect you're looking to achieve.

We will log the idea as a suggestion for a future product as it would be a nice item to add to the store and no doubt would be used by a majority of people.

If you want to look into hooks further for reference, I've attached some links below.

Pagelines hooks -

Introduction to hooks -

#9 tslsites

tslsites

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hi James,

Thanks for the response and the clarification.

I created a PL child theme and then copied the Features section unto the sections folder, then found the code I was needing to modify, that looks like it's going to do the work for the time being.

Yet, I am trying to remember (from watching the PL dev videos) if there is a way to keep as much of the original code (in this case) of features.php so that when there is a new version of pagelines and there were changes it is not hard for me to update those changes.

I understand that my previous comments are more likely for the PROs, etc. But I thought of mentioning this since I think I will acomplish what I was intending to do.

Thanks!

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, features, navigation, thumbs, names