#1 marshallsolutions

marshallsolutions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCebu, Philippines
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

I was told to start another topic on this, although I'm not sure why since all the details were on the other topic... It was marked as resolved even though it was not resolved... Features are not working correctly when using video embed on all browsers... After troubleshooting various settings we were able to finally get laptop/desktop browsers to work... the issue remaining is with mobile browsers... The page in question is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and when viewed on the built-in android browser, the video jumps/blinks/bounces when using the old embed code from YouTube... that does not happen when using the new embed code... however using the new embed code causes the safari browser for PC to not allow you to scroll between the videos... on the android built-in browser, the text box is there but you cannot see the text and the text box itself covers the play button so if you try to click on the play button, it will not do anything... you have to click at the top of the video to play the video since the text box doesn't extend that high... also the firefox browser for android will not scroll between the various features videos...

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

Well, the feature slider's media area is best when using Old Embed Code from YouTube or Vimeo. If you think it's bad now, if you used iFrame, it would be even worse. It is not supposed to be responsive as it predates that coding language. Hence it's important to use a responsive slider that's built more for video.

This is why we build specific products that handle video like TwinShot. It's not expensive and well worth the price.

#3 marshallsolutions

marshallsolutions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

Actually using iFrame didn't have that many issues. If you use the new embed code and you check the box for full html width, the text disappears and therefore doesn't need to be responsive for the text. Using iFrame allowed the slider to work perfectly on the built-in android browser. What broke with the new embed code was safari for PC when changing videos. But according to Danny, safari for Mac was ok. Also Firefox for android doesn't switch slides no matter if new embed code or old embed code. I don't mind purchasing Twin Shot, if I'm guaranteed that it works on all browsers. Does it have a money back guarantee?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

As you're signed up to the Plus membership Twinshot is free as part of your Plus Package. Just make sure you're signed into the account tab of your site before you download via the store.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 marshallsolutions

marshallsolutions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

Thanks. Twin Shot does work pretty well. The only issue is on Opera for Android compared to all other browsers. In all other browsers the videos have a scrolling text area to choose between the videos. In Opera for android, it lists them all in a straight line without scrolling which means you have to scroll down to select then scroll back up to watch and play.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I never use Opera so I can't troubleshoot for it but if Twin Shot works better than features in most browsers, I would recommend sticking to it or if you want, you may need to find another gallery plugin that can do the job without causing a problem in any browsers (this might take awhile, however).

#7 marshallsolutions

marshallsolutions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Yes, Twin Shot works much better. I was just informing you so you can inform the programmers for whoever built that section so they are aware of something to work on for a future release. You may close out this case. Thanks.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, features