4 replies to this topic

#1 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what the best way would be to add these boxes onto my website (see

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

224.18KB   11 downloads).

The boxes need to be arranged as 3 columns and 2 rows but the boxes in the first column are merged together. I can't achieve this using the Pagelines boxes so I'm looking for some advice really.

Possibilities I've thought of so far:
  • write a new section to put the images on the right-hand side etc. but I'd still have a problem with the first box having to be the height of two box
  • Use the grid system and just write the html into the content - ok for me but not for anyone else who's editing it.
  • Make use of Morefoot sections - would still have to write html into the widgets but may be easier for someone else to edit.
‚ÄčOr am I missing something obviously easy?

Any advice much appreciated.

#2 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 301 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

The Grid Shortcodes Plugin in the Pagelines Store will do what you want. Once activated you can do somethhing like

That will return something like this:
http://cl.ly/image/2R210p091B3E

Just a thought.

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

@Elizabeth Try ellenmva's solution above and see if that does what you're trying to achieve. For further insight about the Grid System and another example, please see "Grid System" here:

#4 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Thanks ellenmva and catrina. I have tried using bootstrap and I was making good progress but my problem is that I'm creating the site for someone else who doesn't know HTML so they won't be able to make changes to the boxes if I do it this way.

I was wondering if there was something I could do that was more user-friendly for them but I think I'm probably going to have to forget about that.

I can see all the benefits of bootstrap but can't understand how it's helpful for client managed systems.

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Hi Elizabeth, take a look at this plugin

a member of the forum staff uses it and its worked well for a few of our clients. There's a number of different layouts you can choose and its shortcode based.