3 replies to this topic

#1 jeffguenther

jeffguenther

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR
  • Framework Version:the most current

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

I am not a pro-user by any means. I am more intermediate. If I am given detailed instructions I can usually figure something out. That said, on November 6th my hosting company, dotster.com, switched over to some new fancy system on their end. Since then Google has not been able to access the robot.txt file that wordpress automatically sets up for you. Since they can no longer reach that file my site can not be crawled and sitemaps can not be submitted. I have practically disappeared from search results for all my keywords.

Google says that it could be a problem with my hosting company. So I called them and they said that since they made the switch to the new system on november 6th my site has been submitting to many php's or scripts or something. This is where things start feeling a bit over my head. They said that my mysql is getting jammed because my site is going over the limit and is shutting down access to google for some reason. I can reach my robot.txt file if i type it in but google cannot for some reason. They said that it may be my theme that I am using. Has anyone had this problem before? Is there anyway I can figure out what scripts or php file is sending too much information to my host?

I recently installed W3 Total Cache plugin to my site because that was recommended to shrink down the files or something but that hasn't done anything.

Can anyone help me? I need to get my site searchable ASAP!

Thanks!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

HI,

I am 100% certain this is not a PageLines related issue. For assistance with this issue, you're best contacting Wordpress support or your host. We are unable to provide support for Wordpress related issues or server configuration issues.

If your site was working perfectly before your host decided to move you, then I think you need to ask your host why this is. Also ask them for your server info, what PHP version, MySQL, your PHP memory limit etc...

#3 jeffguenther

jeffguenther

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR
  • Framework Version:the most current

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Alright thanks. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything I could do on my end.

#4 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, google, sitemap, robot.txt