Photo
- - - - -

Feature Text Unreadable In Ie

feature Pagelines Framework

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 florisvc

florisvc

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hi,

I use Pagelines Framework.

I have a feature on my homepage. The feature has photo background and white text. In chrome and firefox the text is readable because it has transparant support color. In Internet Explorer that support color is absent and the text is not readable. Where and how can I fix this? Second, how can i change the style for the text in that feature?

Thanks,
Kind regards,
Floris

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Floris,
I have checked the site on Firefox and IE9, and the two look almost exactly the same. I agree that there's some small blending of the white text with the background image, but it's not a problem with the Slider.

Two factors come into play here. In Firefox, the text shadow used in the excerpt/title area of sliders works perfectly, but IE doesn't recognize text shadow, thus the white text is directly upon the black opacity-controlled background. Since that background shows an image which has numerous bits of white, there are a few distinct places where the image and text appear to meet.

Since we cannot fix IE, the solution is to fix the image. You can replace it with something a bit more solid in the area under the text or you can totally eliminate the image under the text, leaving it as an empty black space in the image. As the image isn't displaying something contextual to the message, such as a person, a building or landscape scene, you should be able to do this. It wouldn't affect, but might enhance the message.

Technically, it's possible to darken the opacity of the text area background, but that would have the exact same effect of changing the image, which in fact, is much easier to change.