Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do I Change Post Excerpt Title Font Size And Thumb Shape?

Question

Posted · Report post

Is there an easy way to make the titles in post excerpts a little smaller and make the thumbs a little larger and rectangular? Thank you.

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thank you Rob and batman. I tried adding "h4 { font-size: 8.2px;}" into the CSS Rules but it didn't change the font size on the excerpt posts in my category pages. I also tried in Pagelines Customize plug in under pagelines-customize/style.css but that didn't take effect either. Will take both of your advice about learning CSS. Thank you.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Add this to your custom CSS, if I understand you correctly, this should resize the titles for the correct area.

#site .entry-title {
font-size: 16px;
}[/CODE]

Posted · Report post

Hi greogates

You can try add in

PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules

or in

Pagelines Customize (plugin)

h4 { font-size: 8.2px;}

You modify #px as you like

It is advisable to learn how to do this on your own too.

Check out http://www.pagelines...wiki/Custom_CSS

Posted · Report post

Danny, thanks. That works, it make titles of post excerpts on home page/category pages smaller. Except it also changes the size of titles on the actual posts. Is there a way to only change the post excerpt titles and not the titles for individual posts? My site is 200rooms.com. Thank you...

Posted · Report post

To modify the thumbnails, go to Dashboard > Settings > Media to set the media size at the width and height you desire. This can result in rectangular thumbnails but will not affect existing images associated with posts.

This change will apply to new posts. If you need to update prior posts, you'll need a plugin for that.

Batman's suggestion is correct. I'd complement it with a recommendation that you use Firebug (www.getfirebug.com).

Posted · Report post

Please try this:

#site #postloop .entry-title {

font-size: 16px;}

1 person likes this