Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Change Fixed Navbar Logo Link From Homepage To External Link

Question

Posted · Report post

I've created an address in my fixed navbar logo and I would like to have it linked to a google map when someone clicks the link instead of going to the homepage. The site is at http://1stcmec.org and it's the logo and address image on the very top left (just trying to be specific, no one get offended :D ) Thanks in advance for your help.

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Rob, boy do I wish that this had worked but unfortunately it's not the menu that seems to be the problem but it's the custom logo that's in the navbar. Currently, if you click on the custom logo it goes back to my homepage which in most cases is desirable but since I have an address attached to the logo, I want it go link to a mapquest address instead.

Posted · Report post

Ooops, it's the Fixed NavBar Logo

Posted · Report post

Catrina, thanks for your response but I'm still not sure what I need to do. I read the page you provided but I didn't see anything specific about the navbar and when I looked for the "navbar" section in my base theme and my pagelines framework, I did not see that specific section. I had no idea it would be this difficult to change a link but we soldier on, I'm hopeful that we can get this solved soon.

Posted · Report post

Hello,

If that's a menu item created in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus all you need to do is:

1. Click Screen Options on the top right side. A drop down panel will open.

2. Check the box for Link Target

3. Click Screen Options to close the drop panel.

4. Click the down arrow on the menu item,

5. Edit the URL as desired, then check the box for Open link in a new window/tab.

6. Save the menu.

View the menu and click it. It will go to the desired location in a new tab or window keeping your visitor on the original site.