Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:24 PM
Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:49 PM
Are there any holes in the theme? I don't understand how they were able to hack my site.....
Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:00 PM
Either WordPress was hacked, or an outdated/bad plugin.
You need to read the instructions on that page.
This is how I would go about it:
- Ask you host if there is a backup before the attack happened, if so roll back the database to before that date.
- make a copy of wp-config.php
- Delete ALL files in the blogs DIR.
- Download a fresh copy of WordPress, and a fresh copy if the framework.
- Unzip them and upload them.
- Restore the wp-config.php
- Visit wp-admin/plugins ( wp will complain that plugins are missing, which they are you deleted them )
- Now change your admin password, and check for any new admin users.
- go to your host panel and change the database passwords
- update the new db passwords in wp-config.php
Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:04 PM
Thanks again - will post how it goes....
One question - what about all the images for the posts I have uploaded - will I need to reupload those as well?
Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:08 PM
Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:53 PM