What Is The Difference Between Iblog And Pagelines (And A Few Other Questions)iblog pagelines
Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:19 AM
I'm new to this (i had someone working on the site, but now doing it myself).
I was wondering if anyone could either answer, or point me in the right direction (I haven't had to much luck searching the forums)
I'm using iblog 4.2.4
My questions are
1) Is iBlog a totally separate theme to Pagelines?
Or does Pagelines work like the framework, with the theme sitting on top?
(like the genesis framework on the studiopress sites)
2) If so, is pagelines automatically installed with iblog, or how does it work?
(Is there any documentation I can read)
3) I see iblog5 is out, how would I upgrade and would this be free?
4) Also, if Pagelines is the framework, how would I upgrade this?
5) Are there any 'getting started docs' or anything like that for both iblog and pagelines
Any answers would be much appreciated, I'm not that savvy and trying to find some bearings
(I apologise if there's already a thread of docs that I haven't found yet)
Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:38 AM
2) The Pagelines Framework is the main theme, you'd need to purchase that first, IBlog Pro 5 would then need to be purchased as a child theme for the Pagelines Framework.
3) To upgrade please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll go through the process with you.
4) Same as above
5) The Pagelines docs can be found here http://www.pagelines.../wiki/Main_Page
Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:04 AM
That clears up a lot
Do you know if there's any discount upgrading from iblog 4 to 5 (and pagelines)
Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:21 AM