Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved How Do I Make My Content Stand Out From My Background Slighty?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

So my first post and I've checked the forum but can see the answer. How do I get my content, boxes etc to stand out from the background? I've seen it before and it almost looks like a 3d affect instead of having a flat website.

Thanks in advance

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thanks for all your help on this, not sure why I didn't come get Pagelines sooner!

You can set this to solved now.

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.

Posted · Report post

You can set a page background color or a background for each element... I'm not clear how you'd like to achieve this. There are many ways to do it.

Posted · Report post

If you click 'add frame' in the box meta settings that will add shadow to the boxes. In Pagelines>Site options>Color control you have the option to add shadow to the page canvas to make it up out from the background, but that only works in fixed width mode. For other sections/elements you'll be looking at using custom css :-)

Posted · Report post

Thanks for that, tired it but it looks too square! What would be the easiest way for my to find out how to this via css?

Posted · Report post

Just to begin with style it like this page with a background color and a main page color?!

Posted · Report post

I'd strongly suggest using WP Boxer plugin which allows much more control than our boxes. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/boxer/

Posted · Report post

Thank you for that it looks cool. I'll also have a mess around with the site background options to see if I can make it a little less bright! It's taking me almost 3 days just to cant my 'Contact Me' form up and running.

http://helpmewithmypc.co.uk/contact/

I'm getting the hand of the custom css now!

Posted · Report post

I'm sure that's the way to do it. The Boxer plugin has a template that is really quite cool and each content block already has its own unique element for CSS.