Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

How Do I Make My Content Stand Out From My Background Slighty?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Phil P

Phil P

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

Hi,

So my first post and I've checked the forum but can see the answer. How do I get my content, boxes etc to stand out from the background? I've seen it before and it almost looks like a 3d affect instead of having a flat website.

Thanks in advance

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

You can set a page background color or a background for each element... I'm not clear how you'd like to achieve this. There are many ways to do it.

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

If you click 'add frame' in the box meta settings that will add shadow to the boxes. In Pagelines>Site options>Color control you have the option to add shadow to the page canvas to make it up out from the background, but that only works in fixed width mode. For other sections/elements you'll be looking at using custom css :-)

#4 Phil P

Phil P

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for that, tired it but it looks too square! What would be the easiest way for my to find out how to this via css?

#5 Phil P

Phil P

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

Just to begin with style it like this page with a background color and a main page color?!

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

I'd strongly suggest using WP Boxer plugin which allows much more control than our boxes.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 Phil P

Phil P

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Thank you for that it looks cool. I'll also have a mess around with the site background options to see if I can make it a little less bright! It's taking me almost 3 days just to cant my 'Contact Me' form up and running.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'm getting the hand of the custom css now!

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

I'm sure that's the way to do it. The Boxer plugin has a template that is really quite cool and each content block already has its own unique element for CSS.

#9 Phil P

Phil P

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

Thanks for all your help on this, not sure why I didn't come get Pagelines sooner!

You can set this to solved now.

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17636 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.