responsive mobile update css

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 telkins

telkins

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hello! I am wondering if it's possible to have the site load as non-mobile when on a computer, yet have it load as mobile when on a phone. Is there a way to do this? If not, what are the chances of this being implemented into Pagelines sometime in the future?

Thanks!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

There are mobile settings in Site Options > Layout Editor. The "Disable Mobile Optimized View" setting allows you to accommodate mobile device resolution or ignore it.

#3 telkins

telkins

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

I don't want to turn it off. I want the site to resize for mobile but remain static for computer browsers.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Okay, I think you need to turn it off globally, then use PageLines'

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to make the elements responsive only in the various mobile browsers.

If you leave Mobile View on normally, the site will be responsive everywhere. You cannot turn it off on a browser basis, but you can implement custom code for the site to be responsive in mobile browsers.

I will point out, by way of a disclaimer, that this is a huge undertaking and we wouldn't be able to support the custom CSS you'll need.

If you follow Catrina's advice, responsiveness is turned off for all browsers, but mobile devices, such as phones, will be able to scale it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: responsive, mobile, update, css