njumara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Hello,

My site is at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I am trying to configure the clips in magazine mode to do the following (this post may need to go in CSS?):

1) Set width and height when thumb is selected above the title/excerpt as in Site Options.

The problem is that it seems to be dragging in the entire photo. I would like it to cut it for me or if I have to set the thumbnail size somewhere in Wordpress I can do that, but I'm not seeing any changes when I configure the width and height of the Wordpress thumbnail settings.

At the end of it all, I would like the photos above the clips in magazine mode to all be the same size, not really sure how to achieve that?

2) I like that the clips are relative to each other but I would like to also experiment with a way to make the clips a set size that would more accurately portray a grid effect. I just want to set a standard size for the box and the thumbnail photo. If there is any text that doesn't fit in the box I would like it to be cut off with an ellipses.

If anyone has any suggestions how to achieve this, that would be great!

Thanks

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

1) The thumbnail sizes in blog posts aren't configured using the WordPress Media settings. You'll need to adjust those sizes with Custom CSS:

2) To resize boxes you'll also need to use CSS (see link above) and in order for text to be cut off, you need to adjust the maximum number of words in the excerpt (in PageLines > Site Options > Blog And Posts). The post text cannot be cut off according to box size. It can only be cut off according to how many words are in it.

#3 njumara

njumara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I've read that article but I'm unsure about the css to use to fix the clip thumbnails. Also, when I've tried to do this before, it often squeezes the set thumbnails under wordpress media into the box, I'm looking for them to just be cropped.

Anyone with a tip on where to get started on css is greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

Hi there, this is a good site if you're looking to start with css

Also make sure you get firebug, www.getfirebug.com, will definitely help you find the ID/classes you want to edit, plus you can make the changes live in firebug and then copy/paste the amended code back into the framework in pagelines>site options>custom code.

#5 njumara

njumara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

thanks guys

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, magazine mode, thumbnails, grid