Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Menu Positions Not Saving

Question

Posted · Report post

I am creating a new site new.mindlifeclinic.com.au and have created a bunch of pages. I have then gone into Appearance >> Menus and want to change the way the menu items are shown in the main menu. I want some menu items to show as a dropdown under other menu items. I have done this in the past as you can see with the menu items Services and About Us (both done about a month ago). To make a menu appear as a submenu I normally drag the submenu item below and to the right of the primary menu item and then click Save Menu. When I do this at the moment the submenu appears to be in the correct position, but when I click "Save Menu" the submenu returns to its original position as a main menu item. I can't seem to get these types of changes to the menu positioning to save. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thanks Catrina. I activated Twenty ten and had the same problem. I guess that means it is not a pagelines issue. Any other ideas of you can think of that might be causing this? I have reinstalled WP.

Posted · Report post

Do you need assistance with this?

Posted · Report post

HI,

If the menu items you dragged are reverting back underneath from its child position upon save. I recommend you disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that so no plugins are now active and still the same problem.

Posted · Report post

Can you please activate a different theme (like Twenty Ten) and attempt to set up and save your menu again to see if the problem persists?