6 replies to this topic

#1 platformdja

platformdja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Framework Version:platformpro

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

I am creating a new site new.mindlifeclinic.com.au and have created a bunch of pages. I have then gone into Appearance >> Menus and want to change the way the menu items are shown in the main menu. I want some menu items to show as a dropdown under other menu items. I have done this in the past as you can see with the menu items Services and About Us (both done about a month ago). To make a menu appear as a submenu I normally drag the submenu item below and to the right of the primary menu item and then click Save Menu. When I do this at the moment the submenu appears to be in the correct position, but when I click "Save Menu" the submenu returns to its original position as a main menu item. I can't seem to get these types of changes to the menu positioning to save. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

HI,

If the menu items you dragged are reverting back underneath from its child position upon save. I recommend you disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

#3 platformdja

platformdja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that so no plugins are now active and still the same problem.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Can you please activate a different theme (like Twenty Ten) and attempt to set up and save your menu again to see if the problem persists?

#5 platformdja

platformdja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Thanks Catrina. I activated Twenty ten and had the same problem. I guess that means it is not a pagelines issue. Any other ideas of you can think of that might be causing this? I have reinstalled WP.

#6 platformdja

platformdja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

I found the issue using the advice on this page: http://en.forums.wor...enu-anymoreIt was a browser issue. It is not working on IE9 but is fine on FF.

Edited by Simon_P, 16 November 2012 - 12:44 PM.
fix link

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Do you need assistance with this?