Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Seeking Photo Slideshow Section Driven By Most Recent Posts

recent posts slideshow section

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 katemhamilton

katemhamilton

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a way to create a photo slideshow that is driven by a most recent posts query. I'm currently using the QuickSlider section to render a slideshow of most recent posts and driving readers to the most recent articles. I update this manually though so I'd really like to drive it by a most recent posts query. I haven't had much luck finding a section that does this within Pagelines. Does anyone know of a solution or have an idea of how to handling this?

Thanks!
Kate

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Hi Kate.

Using Feature Slider this can be done.
1st. Make a category for your post called "recent".
2nd For each slide, upload a featured image that's the size of your slider (width, height, always consistent in each post).
3rd. Assign each post to the 'recent' category. Make sure each post has a short, unique excerpt included in the post's excerpt field.
4th Place the Feature Slider in your template and using the page's PageLines Meta Settings, select the by Category method of displaying slides and then select the number of slides and the 'recent' category. Set the height but don't use aspect ratio.Set other slider settings too, like transition, speed, etc. Save the page.

Now, each post in the "recent" category will display on a most-recent basis in the slider.

#3 katemhamilton

katemhamilton

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for the tip!

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:52 PM