Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

A Few Customizations I'm Currently Having Minor Difficulties With.

blog post customizations sidebar slider thumbnails page navi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CjrMotley

CjrMotley

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.5

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

Im a newbie and fairly new to using Pagelines frameworks for my new site, but there are a few customizations I'm currently having difficulties with, any suggestions or info related source would be greatly appreciated.

01. Is there a way to create a default size for all blog post thumbnail images?
02. How do I remove the frame from the thumbnail images on blog post?
03. Is there a way to remove post author name and post date from blog post temporary?
04. How do I set the bottom page navi to display previous or next page (instead of page numbers)?
05. Is there an option to decrease the "post title" text size on the blog?
06. (Sidebar) How do I change the text format from all caps to normal text and decrease the space between Widget's title and content.
07. Is there a default setting to make feature slider show full background image and no text information (or do i have to manually set this option with every post) ?

Thanks in advance.

here is a link to the site

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Hi there,

01. Is there a way to create a default size for all blog post thumbnail images?
Yes go to settings>media in the wp dash and they'll be an option to set the thumbnail size

02. How do I remove the frame from the thumbnail images on blog post?
You'll need to use css to remove the frame. You can download firebug www.getfirebug.com to find out the correct selectors and if you've not dealt with css before check out

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which will give you a background on how to use css.

03. Is there a way to remove post author name and post date from blog post temporary?
Go to Pagelines>Site options>Blogs and posts and look in the 'clip metabar' panel. You can edit those options there.

04. How do I set the bottom page navi to display previous or next page (instead of page numbers)?
As far as I'm aware there's no option to change this on the blog page. You'll need to remove the pagination from the drag and drop and replace with a plugin or bootstrap code.

05. Is there an option to decrease the "post title" text size on the blog?
This is set using on the wordpress htags, there's no inbuilt options to edit, you'll need to use css to alter.

06. (Sidebar) How do I change the text format from all caps to normal text and decrease the space between Widget's title and content.
Text formating options can be found in Pagelines>site options>typography if you click on the advanced tab you'll see there are options to edit the capitalization on each of the typography selectors. To change the space between the widgets you'll need to use css to edit the margins/padding

07. Is there a default setting to make feature slider show full background image and no text information (or do i have to manually set this option with every post)
This will have to be set on every slide.

#3 CjrMotley

CjrMotley

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.5

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

Thanks James,

Looks as if I have lots of studying to do in regard to css and needs of my current editing/customization.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, blog post, customizations, sidebar, slider, thumbnails, page navi